Register now to get rid of these ads!

HEMI Tech- Intakes and exhaust manifolds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Jul 5, 2006.

1. George

George

The outer casing would seal heat in, plus taking up more room, don't think it'd work.

2. George

George

Linky HH has 300/truck 4 bolt ex mans.

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey guys. I need some assistance. A HAMBer is asking what the stock 2bbl carb would be for a 276 DeSoto Hemi. Anyone know what the stock carb might have been or have a stock 2bbl manifold that could measure the 4-bolt pattern for me real quick?

I'm thinking it's either a Carter WCD or a Stromberg 3-108. The WCD I have has a pattern that measures 1-7/8" x 3-1/4". Seems like that would jive with an early 2bbl manifold for about any of the Hemis; Dodge, Chrysler, or DeSoto.

What do you guys know?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  4. George

George

You didn't say what year. '52 is a WCD. '53-4 BBD. A lot of diffrent tags depending on trannys, ect.

5. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A 52! Thanks George! You rule!

Anyone have a picture of a restored setup with the linkage and everything intact? All I was able to find was this...

[​IMG]

6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmmm... Just doing a quick Google search I ran across this. This has a stromberg, not a Carter... Maybe they DeSoto ran either one, depending on situation, or something??

[​IMG]

7. BashingTin

BashingTin

Scott, looking at the picture above, it just amazes me how for years people all over this country just let these engines sit and rot. Now they are so much in demand, people can't find them fast enough!

Crazy....

8. George

George

Dodge car hemis used Stromberg WW only. Chr & DeSoto didn't use them. Odd isn't it!

9. j grady

j grady

Hi, still out there, want to look into this 4 bolt deal for 300C restoration, no manifolds D engine ; when I try to PM it sends me to forward look site with an ad for ebay.. [email protected]

10. George

George

HH has 4 bolt repros

11. kool32

kool32
    from Kentucky

Cunningham Intake 331 354 Hemi

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Anyone got pics of lakes style Hemi headers? Show what you got, homemade or bought.

13. Here's a set I made out of a 36 Ford driveshaft.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    moparob likes this.
  14. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never seen the finned Cunningham until recently. So awesome! Any idea how many were actually made?? Couldn't have been many...

15. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My 331. '36 Driveshaft tubes...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Added cutouts...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

Does any body make a set of headers that look good with a 32 frame ?not lake or block hugger

17. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You do! :D Get yourself some bends and header flanges and get to it! Not too many options out there...

18. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

Should you use steel or stainless steel if you want to chrome?

19. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You could go stainless and polish everything. If you're going to chrome them, go steel. I think the recipe is to jet coat the inside so the chrome always stays nice. Personally, I like stainless because you can always polish them out and they get nice color to them. All depends on what you want. I'm guessing it's all debatable either way. Not aware of any places selling headers specifically intended to work with a '32 frame and an early Hemi. Too many variables and preferences, I suppose.

Make some and do a tech thread on it! Check out Bass' builds. He has a couple examples of early Chryslers sitting in 32 frames.

20. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Thanks for the pics guys. Time to start work on mine.

21. chip77

chip77
    from monroe, MI

Just finished up fabbing a set of headers for my 325 Dodge Hemi that is going in a 65 Barracuda gasser. Had a set of chevy fenderwell headers that fit the chassis so decided to start there. We cut back the tubes a ways and set to fabbing the new tubes to fit the Hemi exhaust flange. Quite a bit of work, but there just aren't any headers out there "over the counter".

Attached Files:

22. And info from an older post= RE 4bolt manifolds. I've just conducted final business with Mr. John Forney on his 4bolt exhaust manifolds and stub pipes. Here is a responsive feedback for John- Communication was great,being totally across the US,Manifolds and stubs were as of high quality,( until a later date )and shipping was very in my favor. But- and this is edited from my original reply..... Looks/convo/ship was great. But- having to re-drill almost ALL holes for them to bolt up=casting, was a PIA! I made them work, but consumers be aware that just like all re-pop parts, they won't fit exactly. I went with these as opposed to finding worn OG's, and now I've had to work them= trial fitting for several hours. Just a heads up.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  23. hemiphil

hemiphil
    from australia

NEW LOW SUPERCHARGER MANIFOLDS NOW AVAILABLE, CHECK WEBPAGE, www.aussiespeed.com THEN GO TO SUPERCHARGERS AND PARTS LINK.

24. dodge59

dodge59

wtb
    1957-59 dodge hemi 315 exhaust manifolds

not searcing for these manifolds any longer,

john

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  25. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

her is a dragstar 8x2 on my 354

Attached Files:

26. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

and here is my exhaust

Attached Files:

27. need some help with ID of this blower manifold.
    its marked a wieand wc671 and I thought is was a typhoon, but mine is different,
    Problem is that the blower bolt pattern is shifted rearward, the popofff is also round in the rear.

This is Kerry's manifold that is a typhoon.

[​IMG]

This is an aussie reproduction of it
    [​IMG]
    Here's the manifold I have
    [​IMG]
    larger version
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1912508&d=1365855109

[​IMG]

larger version
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1912509&d=1365855581

as you can see, On my manifold, the front bolts that go into the head are not under the blower. the blower matting surface and hole pattern are shifted rearward on my manifold.
    I was wondering if this would be for the 2" belt and coved pullies version?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  28. supposed to be this setup ???[​IMG]

29. George

George

Well...you were saying yours is well back & interfering with the Dizzy. That's only a drawing, vs a photo, but it far enough forward it seems to be obstructing the view a little of the head block off plate & looks like it doesn't go back much beyond the last plug tube.....