Register now to get rid of these ads!

Value of a 63 Limo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by UniqueCollector, Feb 21, 2013.

1. UniqueCollector

UniqueCollector

I found a 63 Cadi Limo for sale on craigslist and he is asking $1000.
    He hasn't sent me anymore pictures of it yet but here is what he has.
    [​IMG]

Here is the description:

Up for sale is a 1963 Cadillac limousine. One of 680 made. New these cars were $10000. Car is In need of restoration. Have started disassembling partially in preperation to restore but just don't have the time. Have everything to put it back to original and own a piece of history. Has 390 big block Cadillac motor. 3 rows of seats. Middle row folds and stores out of the way when not in use.

What is it worth in it's state now and what would it's value be if you went crazy with it?

2. UniqueCollector

UniqueCollector

So no one know anything about limo's? Kinda a bummer

3. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

Looks pretty cool, and pretty rusty. Hard to go wrong with a $1000 project if you dig it enough to build it.

4. Fenders

Fenders

what he said. Do you dig it?

5. Cortney

Cortney

6. 1928chevycoupe

1928chevycoupe

you need to see the interior, that is a rare car, so interior parts not available, and there is LOTS of metal and chrome and fabric on that car = very expensive to rebuild!

I kinda like it however!

but dont ask whats it worth when done, because wont be worth 10% of the money you have in it, do it for love (if you love) it, but not for profit.

I would not even think about chopping it, cool enough as it....

7. UniqueCollector

UniqueCollector

Here is more pictures of the limo.
    Floors looks pretty rusted out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  8. DJCruiser

DJCruiser
    from CT

his "jackstands" might not last til spring

9. UniqueCollector

UniqueCollector

Yea with all the snow it might not make it

10. Did the front clip do a disappearing act?

11. oltruckag

oltruckag

I'll bet that thing looked like hell before he sprayed it with rustoleum rusty metal primer. Looks like the lower rockers are rotten and the floors are toast.

How's your metal skills? This one is gonna be a complete floor structure rebuild. Fixable yes, huge amount of work though.

12. UniqueCollector

UniqueCollector

He decided to take it apart to start doing restoration.
    Yea I noticed he sprayed crap on the surface.
    Might cost my more to do the floor and the rockers.
    I might as well find one that is completely solid and pay more for better shape.

13. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

youre either one hell of a glass cutter or a total retard to chop that.

For a grand it would be a great parts car if nothing else. I'd sure like that rear seat air conditioning unit.

14. GREASER815

GREASER815

Man, that's a whole lot of floor to repair. Looks like a lot of work, really make sure your in love with it before you get it. And remember, generally things look better in pictures, if your questioning it now??????

15. 55nailhead

55nailhead

1000 dollars is too much for that yes its rare but at this state its maybe worth less your not gonna find stuff for it. lots will be scracth built.
    And with a 6 hour drive to get it in those peices its gonna costs you at least another 500 or more just to get it home. would be too big of investment for me anyways

16. teejay99

teejay99

BIG project . Hope you have lots of time and money ....good luck .

T

17. GREASER815

GREASER815

When I worked in a body shop, we had a guy bring in his "super cool" to him only Olds airport limo. Tons of work, and money, and scratch built everything, and more work, and more money, and in the end he has a totally useless car that sucks to drive, and no one else wants to buy. Keep it in mind when looking at this oddball crap. Not that your building it for others or to sell it, but if the time comes where you need to unload it.....might not be so easy.

Attached Files:

18. 28chevy coupe is right, finding parts is a pain. i have a customer with a small fleet of limos, three 58's '61 and a '63 i just did some touchup on. the '63 is a nice "driver" and i believe he paid over $12000 and had it shipped cross country. these cars are overbuilt!
    the size is deceiving so get a measurement before going to get it to make sure it fits on whatever your hauling it home on.

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of the hardest things to work on is a "project" that someone else took apart to restore or rebuild. It's like getting a 1000 piece all red puzzle for Christmas and hoping to have it all together before New Years.

Those old limos aren't all that rare and can still be found in pretty good shape and driven home if you hunt a bit.

20. roughneck424

roughneck424

I have 2 63 Cad Limo's.
    1500 most likely " fair" just cuz you cant find one.But do you really want one cuz its a Limo? or just looking for a project?
    Keep in mind with the Limo just cuz its a Big Ole Caddy. All the room is in the back. It sucks for the driver. If you like Caddy's hang out a find a Non Limo Model.
    Oh ya and check to see if the tail light lense in the fins are intact? The Limo units are about 3/4" longer than a normal car. I bought the parts car just to get those.

21. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

And we all know 63 Cad limo's are tradional hot rod's when they left the factory..........Take the fenders off, paint the wheels red, and a little flat black paint and HEY! Just like back in the day..........:rolleyes: