Register now to get rid of these ads!

polishing carbs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jerdan, Feb 20, 2013.

1. I have a Holly carburetor I would like to polish. How do you suggest I go about this? What do you suggest I use?

2. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

is it chrome?---if not, i think you will be wasting your time---friend of mine tumbled a carb body once---it looked kinda shiney...

3. PackardV8

PackardV8

Good hobby for someone in for life without parole. It's about the most time for the least result. The Holley is full of inaccessible radii, bends, folds, corners. It would take a box full of Dremel accessories and a magnifying lamp. Also, the zinc body shows every little grinder mistake, so it requires going slow and carefully taking off the casting flaws.

Then, when done, it's covered with an air cleaner.

jack vines

4. Normbc9

Normbc9

Ask Dick York at Dicks Hot Rod place in Franklin, IN. He has a service that will does this tedious chore for you.
    Normbc9

5. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

As Jack says, kind of job you'll do once and never again. However if you want a nice looking carb on the cheap this may of interest. I've used this many times, works a treat if you get the carb reasonably clean and remove any crusty stuff before hitting it with the soda. Kept the link sent from a friend of mine who's into his VW's.

http://www.aircooledtech.com/tools-on-the-cheap/soda_blaster/

Just an idea......

6. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

is that evonne dicarlo?

7. get your self a can of brasso & a couple of tooth brushes some terrycloth & a whole lot of patience.