Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from New Mexico

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by laser200, Feb 18, 2013.

1. laser200

laser200
    from New Mexico

Way back in 1959 I bought my first car, a 1949 Plymouth Deluxe 2 door sedan.
    I gave the large sum (to me at the time) of $100.00 for it. As everyone else has with their first car I remembered it fondly and wished that I had it back. Jump to December of 2012. I saw one just like it for sale and after some negotiations bought it. It has been repainted, re-upholstered, re-chromed etc. The work that was done was done pretty well but the engine was not brought up to date nearly as well. I don't know jack about the mechanics of autos but have a lot a friends that are frothing at the mouth to help me get some grease on my hands. It is really nice to have it again and I enjoy driving it very much.
    I look forward to lots of fun times working on it and driving it.

BTW, I live in Clovis, NM, and am a new member of the Desert Cruzers Club.

James Fuller

2. Welcome from So Cal. Congrats on getting your first car again. Got any pics of the new one?

3. Hemi j

Hemi j
    from Colorado

Welcome from Rio Rancho!

4. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Welcome to the HAMB James. I'm sure you will find all kinds of help here if you get stumped on your car. My first car was 1949 Dodge 4 door that my Dad got for free because the front end had been damaged. Love New Mexico to, I use to live in Bloomfield a million years ago.....

5. bk53

bk53
    from Rowlett Tx

welcome from DFW. Great story. enjoy the ride.
    Bill

6. Welcome from CT! First car I drove was a 1949 Ply. I was 10

7. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

8. James, welcome from Kansas City...love the '49's

9. welcome from the coast of SC, I grow up in the big city of Hobbs.

10. Right next to Calvin?

11. Hello from Lubbock.