Register now to get rid of these ads!

Speed holes..speed holes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by convict, Feb 18, 2013.

1. I haven't seen any street rods on this thread.
    Where's the street rods ?
    Did You see any street rods ?

Oh yea --- what ever that means and ---- too.
    See theres 3 ^ and then there is also 4 ^ of them little rascals.
    This is obviously very profound (emphasis added)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  2. I just love me some "holes" ,,but not that kind

3. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Agreed and thanks man. I sleeved mine with pipe. Running a hot little 327, 6 speed manual, and 456 gears and I do plan on bangin those gears!

Thank you!

I designed it that way. I wanted to get them in as far as possible so didn't have to worry about tires rubbing and I can't run on outside or they would interfere with the body. And yes let's start the movement :D

That is sweet!

That's why you box them...

4. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

I'm still stuck at the conjunction junction. :D

Holes are cool...

5. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

radial tires---new wheels---stainless tubing---oval holes ---tubular k member---adjustable coilovers---walks like a duck---quote 117 harv's closing....

6. Hey steadfast, can I come over and play with that elliptical hole saw of yours before I go to home depot and get one

7. Smokey2

Smokey2

^ Holes For Sale ^
    All Sizes -----

Free Shipping on duble orders........ :D

8. Fenders

Fenders

I use the hyphens a lot too, so I'll respond. On a computer when typing quickly the hyphen key is easiest to use for an en dash or em dash, and perhaps you were snoozing in school when these were explained.

Anyway, two or three hyphens are commonly used for an em dash -- just easier, and this is what it is (definition stolen from another site):

An em dash is the width of an m. Use an em dash sparingly in formal writing. In informal writing, em dashes may replace commas, semicolons, colons, and parentheses to indicate added emphasis, an interruption, or an abrupt change of thought.

Markusohreallyus likes this.
  9. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seems to me to be more of an "umm" dash. We've all heard folks speak, and when they lose their train of thought they fill in the empty space by saying "umm" instead of just being quiet.

10. vwdave30

vwdave30

-----wow-----

11. Looks great! What color is that?

12. Cool , now that you've explained this "-" and this "--" what the fuck is this "---" and this "----" ? Now either you were sleeping when I asked or think I didn't know what this "-" or this "--"was. Now i wasnt aware that 3 dashes could be used for an m dash. Thank you. If everything gets emphasized then nothing is emphasized. As far as abruptly changing direction or thought constantly - well I believe they're medications to help that.

Funny story about sleeping in school. 10th grade geometry class was right after lunch & the teacher was an extremely monotonous, mono tone, mono chromatic individual . I could not keep my eyes open to save my life. I was dragged into the office, parents too for the Inquisition. Homework was complete and correct so the " natural reasons" for that was I was cheating. When I pulled a B+ on the first test the teacher blew a gasket and started the Inquisition again. My dad told the teacher to give me a verbal test right then and there. Pulled an A on that one. My dad told the teacher and principal to be sure to change my grade and never accuse me of cheating again. Slept every single day for at least few minutes in that guys class.
    Final grades come out and teacher calls me up to the desk. He says "Mr 31Vicky, you've apparently learned geometry thru osmossis. Your grade is a B however I don't believe you've earned it, You should apply yourself." I told him 'my grade is an A according to my records" He says, Yes but there is a 10% weight on class participation and you didn't receive any for this. This brings you down to a B.
    ---uuum---

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  13. afaulk

afaulk

Whether it's lighter, or heavier, or stronger or weaker, properly punctuated, or conjugated, I like it. For a town this size, there sure are a lot of assholes. Some need lightening up!

14. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

You seem very high strung.Do you have a stressful life?

What do you guys use to drill or cut those holes?

15. 1929Essex

1929Essex

doin speed holes on my model a coupe build, 2x4 frame tapered to 3 inch and made some frame horns.

Attached Files:

16. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

Thats pretty cool.How did you drill those?

17. 1929Essex

1929Essex

4 hours on the drill press. for each rail

18. austinhunt

austinhunt

Wait -- lightnin or lighteneng up?

19. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

Dam,you have a 2" drill bit?how much was that?

20. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

Rotabroach?CAn that be used on the drill press?Or mill only?

21. GREASER815

GREASER815

Speed holes look kick ass

22. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Don't know about him, but I use Hole saws and cutting oil. Going slow I could use the same hole saw from Home Depot on the whole axle and bones and its still sharp when done.

23. I'm with ya , ------- Maybe a few more holes in them are in order lmao:D:eek:

24. killa fab

killa fab

Lots of cutting holes with a drill press, ruining numerous 3" hole saws, lots of cutting oil, and many sections of tubing cut.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Thanks man it's called Vanilla Shake. PPG Vibrance collection base/clear.

26. 1928chevycoupe

1928chevycoupe

Hot Rod Ben, your frame is awesome, we now have a 3-person movement that says so! :)

27. 55willys

55willys

When a frame is boxed it almost doubles the weight. If you drill holes and use the same thickness material to sleeve it, the only way to make it weigh the same is 4'' holes given a 2'' wide boxed frame rail. If you step box the frame so that there is only a 1'' sleeve then you will lose the weight of the inside hole. 2x2x3.14=12.56 area of circle. 4x3.14=12.56 circumference of circle. So in order to have a sleeved holey frame that is lighter 4'' or larger holes are required. Sorry about the dry info just had to pass it on since I spent the time to figure it out one day when I was bored. Thought about doing it to my 32 frame but if it wasn't going to be lighter what is the point!

28. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

That's pretty cool.Thanks for explaining that.

29. in2hotrodz

in2hotrodz
    from Spiro, OK

High strung or not, his posts have --character--. The world needs some more of that, everyone's way too serious.

30. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

YEah i guess you're right.I feel like snapping on people sometimes too,but i just try to keep it to myself.