Register now to get rid of these ads!

Beauty Shots

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 18, 2013.

1. A little hard on yourself Ryan,Your Camera work far exceeds may photos I have seen on the Hamb,,especially mine!

I believe had you chosen photography instead of media you would have done well. HRP

2. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I wish I weren't so scared of shiny paint. I actually enjoy waxing a car - the mindlessness and burning muscles is kinda relaxing. The car-guy version of going for a run.

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Agree, but still a nice looking car.

Not to keep pushing the wheels issue, but personally I'd leave the caps on too. With the thin white stripes, done as is. More understated that way. Classy.

4. n847

n847

This is the first time I've been sold on the color combo! Dont get me wrong Riv's look good in baby puke yellow but I've always been a fan of black. Nice shots! You've got the stance nailed. I dig the wheel and tire combo as is but I can't wait to see whats instore next!

5. flamingokid

flamingokid

lookin' good,Boss!

6. very nice ... a quick crop to level the horizon lines and the sight line would be the finishing touch.... trust me i am no expert ... :)

i tried and i do not have the proper tools on this laptop somebody should who see"s this should ... only a few degrees off :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  7. Really classy looking photos:cool:

8. I dont know if you have posted it before but what size are your tires? I keep reading about tire rub issues with the three inch drop. Thanks

9. maybe having parked closer to the pass side curb so more of the pavement surrounded the car ... i know just tell me " to shut the hell up already " it takes a whole crew to do some scouting and fluffing ... backgrounds are a tuff items to control too

ya have the tools and will only lead to better things ... i am a critic not schooled .. ....slowly retreating back to the darkened corner where i belong...

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

215/75/15 - no rubbing at all.

Yeah, I feel ya and agree with ya. I've shot countless cars on this same spot and have had much better results in the past.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I was shooting the Riv, everything looked great and I was pretty excited. It wasn't until I got back to the office and started looking at my shots that I realized that I had totally screwed up on the composition... Just gives me an excuse to do it all over again once I get the wheels on her!

11. That car is pure automotive sculpture. Congratulations!
    Can't wait to see it with the Borranis.
    I do stand by my previous statement, the white circles are a distraction.

12. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

13. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Looking good sir, and nice work Jamie!

14. zep058

zep058

In your words, I'm VERDE green with envy.

I think this is also a terrific shot and shows off those beautiful curves (and paint)

[​IMG]

15. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Waxing that beautiful Rivi....you poor bastard.
    I waxed my Honda Element a couple of weeks ago, hate when I get swirlees on the plastic clad body panels.

16. For wheel covers that aren't plastic, buy an old freestanding dishwasher, remove the top rack, to make room and viola, wire wheel cover cleaner! This works great, especially with those additives for anti spotting.

Ryan, that car is simply "Pure Class"! Having detailed hundreds of cars over the years, as a job, I now dread doing my own, until I start to see the results. Then it inspires me to keep at it.;)

17. jroberts

jroberts

Ryan,
    What a beautiful car....and the wax well all I can say is there are a couple of Studebakers waiting in my garage for your waxing techniques. Maybe I should explore the satin look....naw...I'll figure out how to wax 'em one of these days. Again the Rivera is gorgeous.

18. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Sweet looking ride. The pics look good by the way.

19. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Can't wait to see w/ its new shoes. It's whole personality will change.

20. rodster

rodster
    Member Emeritus

Love that Riv! You're going to run the prices up--but that's good, because as demand rises more get saved. This was the original Vegas pimp ride---ultimate way to look cool, calm and in control. You're definately honoring the tradition with that resto!

21. Nose is a little high, right?

22. Nice.......!!!!! I dig it!

23. autobilly

autobilly

I think the car is facing up a hill.

24. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, it sits dead level...

25. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

the side of the rive looks nice, but what about the grill man

26. starliner62

starliner62

Wait!!!.....did I see a fingerprint?????

Beautiful piece of machinery, Ryan!

27. Beautiful shots. Feels like TRJ. I wish there were deserted spots like that around here. It seems like I can't find a corner that hasn't been occupied by a gated community.

28. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

Looks great. Nothing more to say.

29. Looking good, Ryan! I also dislike the process of getting to that point, but find it not nearly so boring if I just do one or two panels a night after work so it will be ready for the weekend!