Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from Huntington Beach SoCal

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Hellbilly04, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Well I figure I have been lurking around here since 2006 and should do an intro as I have gotten so much good info from the forms.

My name is Billy and I 43 years old and I live in Huntington Beach CA "Surf City". I have enjoy old cars and trucks but never owned one just rode everywhere with my buddy. 6 months I bought a 51 Styleline in sorta running condition. Started working on her and to my untrained eye I quickly found a name for the car after I started removing what I though was paint, Bondo Betty became her new name. Should a taken someone with me who knew these cars!
    So I this Saturday I gave the body to my buddy in trade for a PERFECT rust free 51 business coupe body that he bought just for the roof to replace the bad chop on his car.

So my first experience with old cars has not been good but I did learn a lot and ended up with the car I originally wanted in the first place. See you on the forms!

2. a belated welcome from the mid-west!

3. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the HAMB Billy!----As you know, the HAMB is an unlimited source of info!
    And, the comments are priceless!
    I see you are 43,----Thats too young to know how Huntington Beach got the name "TIN CAN" beach during WWII.
    With all the people moving to Ca.& working in defense factories in that area, housing was very scarce, & many took to living in tents along the beach, & eating from lots of tin cans.
    When finished, they would just toss the cans out back of the tents,---And thats how Huntington Beach became "TIN CAN" beach 72 years ago!!----Don

4. my55f100

my55f100
    from Utah, USA

Welcome! I love HB! Back in my retail managing times, the company I worked for would send all us store managers out there once a year and put us up in a hotel on the beach. You are lucky to be able to live there!

5. haha Don yea I heard this story a few years back and even seen a few pictures of the said "tin can" beach. It's strange to see pictures of area from back in the day when there was only Beach Blvd and Pacific coast hwy.

6. ccrodder

ccrodder

Hello from Mpls. ...surfs up!!!