Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Ford Roadster find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod36, Feb 18, 2013.

1. 117harv

117harv

Another 32 roadster.......yawn. Kidding of course, cool story and pics, I dig the one in the snow. I like your plans for the build too.

2. hotrod36

hotrod36

Funny story, a good friend of mine (upcanhr) on the hamb PM'd him also. I'm sure we all though it was a scam, I'm just glad I left my name and number. I'm also glad Bill liked me. If not I think the next guy would have got it. As for Bill, we will drink a few cold ones together during the build and we will for sure start a build thread.

I'm going to start selling a few parts off on here when I get more organized. I have enough 32 parts to make a rolling chassis which I don't think I'm going to use. I'm leaning towards repo rails and starting from scratch. I'll keep everyone posted as I go.

As for Pops, he is the only reason I love HotRods to begin with. As I grew up our only reliable car we owned was our HotRod, which we drove everywhere. I'm looking forward to building this car with him but again I need to pay for it all first.

3. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Very cool story, and great start for a build thread.

Try to use the original rails, have to keep the body with what you found, unless they are crap, then find another set of originals.Just my 2 cents.

4. richie rebel

richie rebel

cool story,keep us posted on the build...............

5. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

why a Y block of all the vintage engines out there no one wanted to use a fucking Y block a Flat Head a Olds a Nailhead oh hell even a SBC

6. brady1929

brady1929

cool story, congrats.

7. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I saw that for sale too, thought it was a good price for all that came with it.

8. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good story!---Reminds me of when I bought mine in pieces in 1962. ($500 bucks) At least mine was NOT channeled, so it was an easier project.
    Nice to hear Dad will help too!
    My son started helping me at age 10---He's now 54!

Attached Files:

9. hotrod36

hotrod36

Its getting a Y block because I personally think they are very kool engines.

10. hotrod36

hotrod36

Ford Y block . com can build these to run on the street and produce 450 hp. Pretty kool if you ask me.

11. hotrod36

hotrod36

I wish I got it for his original asking price of $9500. The price was went up quicky once he found out what they are really worth.

12. hotrod36

hotrod36

I'm thinking of selling the nice original frame, steering column, firewall, and suspension with an ownership as a package.

I could use the money for the project, an original frame doesn't mean much to me and a repo frame is good enough. Having the real body is whats is important... to me anyways.

13. Y blocks are awesome.

14. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

"I love it when a plan comes together"!!!!!! Congrats on becoming a deuce roadster owner. Enjoy your build and do it your way, cause you are the one that's on the pink.
    See me when you're ready for a traditional quickchange.

15. hotrod36

hotrod36

I agree, hoping to run a cast aluminum 4 deuce intake on it.

16. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Let the games begin.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

17. I saw the add about 12 hours after it was posted. I sent 3 PM"s with email and phone# and never got a response. I would have headed that way immediatly.
    Looks like it's in good hands!

18. Yea i spoke to him way early. SUPER nice guy. He told me same thing about the price and it priced me out of the market. GREAT score though!!! congrats.

19. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Good to see a fellow Canuck score a good one!

20. 32dreamer

32dreamer

21. Harms Way

Harms Way

x2 !!!!!

22. 562roadster

562roadster

I also replied a few minutes after the ad went up. Thought it was a scam since he did not respond. Glad you go it, looks like it went to a good home.

23. titus

titus

Very cool, glad someone got it, me and a friend also saw the add for the car but neither of us had any money either.

have fun with it.

Id channel it!

jeff

24. hotrod36

hotrod36

Yeah, I still can't quite understand why he didn't call everyone back or why it took so long for me to be contacted, but for whatever the reason why I was contacted (lucky as shit I guess) I jump at the opportunity. Still can't believe it happened.

25. BAJ

BAJ
    from Ontario

WOW!! Great score. Who would think this could still happen in southern Ontario.

26. Nailhead Jeff

Nailhead Jeff
    from fresno

saw that post too. Great score

27. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

I would SERIOUSLY RECONSIDER Selling all the cool origanal chassis, firewall and ect. The car is all there, and what makes that car so cool is the story and having all the cool old origanal pieces. You have enough stuff there to get the car together, so do it. If you take away all those pieces all you have is what was a cool car stripped of everything that made it cool. Basicaly thats a nice way of saying anouther lame boring piece of shit. Work some overtime or somthing to pay it off if you have to. Don't just fill it full of after market crap just cause it's easy. Just remeber the car is only like this once. Don't fuck it up.

28. hotrod36

hotrod36

Although I do agree we some of your comments, I don't care much for an original chassis. I don't want a car with an original K member, cross members or suspension. I have one and personally believe it’s a nice car to get an ice cream in and that’s about it. Driving a car across the country to hot-rod events with an original rear axle and transmission limits you to about 50mph, which isn't that practical. Having an old car with history that I'm able to drive every day and build memories with my own family is more important. I drive my cars often and regularly and find the old stuff exactly what it is, old. I have three original firewalls, so I don't need all of them. The price people are willing to pay for an original rolling chassis, would pay for my new chassis completely. It’s a win/win for me. I also already have spare ownership for a 32. So selling a complete rolling chassis with an ownership will help someone else out. Besides the chassis under the car isn't the original channelled chassis anyways, it’s just a good ice cream chassis for someone else to modify. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Again I'm not saying your ideas aren’t wrong, it’s just not my cup of tea. <o:p></o:p>

29. Moparts

Moparts

Great find, congrats!

30. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Best of luck to you.

Brad