Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. The_Hermit

The_Hermit
    from France

Damn, I missed that picture:

[​IMG]

I see now that it's a smaller battery that is higher than it is wide. Therefore no leakage issues. Sorry guys!

2. Luke4554

Luke4554

If its a sealed AGM battery like an Odyssey or Hawker style it could even be mounted on its side if he wanted. There are minimal restrictions when mounting a sealed battery like that as long as you have a means to do so without allowing both contacts to cross paths via the battery box ect.

http://www.odysseybattery.com/battspecs.html

I sell these at work.. theyre great for high performance applications. People use them in drag cars, custom cars and high compression motorcycles all the time. They are used primarily because of their incredible high cranking output while also utilizing an extremely small package. Theyre able to do this because of the fact they use 99% virgin pure lead sheets rather than lead alloy plating. Because they are AGM they are extremely resilient to vibrations as well. You can also buy them with a thin steel casing rather than the conventional plastic which makes them even tougher.

Anyways .. hope that helps .. sorry if this is considered high jacking :rolleyes:

Luke

3. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Yes the battery is a AGM battery , it's a sealed unit , and can be mounted in any direction , the battery is mounted in the correct position with the terminals on top , I just don't have them screwed on , , this battery does have a different shape than most , it's more like a square than a rectangle .

4. Someone please get this man a Clifford timing cover!!!

5. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Haha , I'm over it now , it would be just something else I would have to Get chrome , lol, :eek: , maybe some day .

6. BSL409

BSL409

The car looks great
    Have some stainless vent shades for your wagon if your looking?

7. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thank you , I'll have to see once I get here all together what it looks like but ill keep that in mind .

8. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

No updates tonight guys , I worked on the wagon all day today but it's been another day where it seems like I've gotten no where ,

9. Dorrier kustom

Dorrier kustom

That just means your in that home stretch. Its looking amazing. I wish I was on the east coast so I could see this in person. Heck I would drive there just to see it. Try and stay moviated, your almost there.

10. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, know what you mean, I swear I've been in the shop 8 hrs and get 15 mins of good work done....Jim

11. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

God, I love your discipline Cody! Monday update, no matter what. Of course, I'm impressed by the shop time discipline more than the posting.

12. Cshabang

Cshabang

bout time this thing is almost done....hahaha oh hi Cody

13. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks guys for all of the support , it really helps keep me pushing on

14. KC

KC
    from Calgary

Man I am so anxious to see an update on this one man. Just the most killer build.

15. 59brokewood

59brokewood

Looking great Cody, I love the battery box. Great job!

16. El59Camino

El59Camino
    from Finland

Great work Cody. Looking forward every update.

17. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

monday update time again, so i spent the whole weekend down at the shop working on the wagon , i had a awful lot of time in and again it seemed like i got now where , , i did manage to get the break lines that are in the inside of the car ran , did some more wiring, worked on the rad support and fan shroud , and thats about it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thank you

thanks , it was one of those things that i had no other option :eek:

thank you

19. dirt42

dirt42

I'll say it again Cody the car looks incredible. I can't wait to see the finished product although I do enjoy watching it come together. Come summer we'll be racing at the Georgetown Speedway on some Friday nights off of route 113. Hopefully it will be done and we'll see you out for a cruise in our travels back and forth to Jersey...:)

20. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks , I'm hoping to have it done by summer , but at the rate I'm going , I don't know , we'll see , I haven't been to Georgetown. Speedway in a long time , I use to live right across the street from there ,

21. thebugbox

thebugbox

:(

No Monday update.

22. deto

deto

yes! this is awesome.

23. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

sorry, last monday i was way to busy

thank you

24. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Now folks back to the normal viewing schedule

the break lines are DONE
    the Fuel Line is DONE
    the slave cylinder line DONE
    sparkplug wires and tube are DONE
    modifyed the fuel filter / regulator , i added AN style ends to it and polished it up and that is DONE as well
    im still trying to find a place for the coil , and still messing aroundwith the fan shroud .

this is the top of the regulator , i de-named it and added my own markings ,

[​IMG]

here it is all put back together and after i polished it
    [​IMG]

<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> dont pay attention to the blue fitting that will be polished here soon , i also still have to paint the front part of the starter and the fuel pump
    <TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[​IMG]
    <TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

25. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

I love this ride!

26. wolfex1

wolfex1

Too clean to drive.

27. Carmen563

Carmen563
    from usa

Love all the details! The motor mounts look great... I like the 292 also![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

28. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thank you

i know , chris , this build has got a little out of hand :( but i cant back out now:eek:

29. wolfex1

wolfex1

I don't want to down play the amount of money that you have spent on that thing, but the thing I like most about it is your attention to detail on even the smallest of parts. These details take tons of time, yet delete so little from the family budget. So many things I see and do, I think, "that's good enough", yet you think out of the box to find another way to make something even nicer. I wonder how many of the little details folks will even notice. Your work is so superior, that most people will figure you just got the particular part from a catalog somewhere or think you just have deep pockets and had someone do the work for you. In reality, the people who will appreciate your work the most will probably be those who have another '59. Too bad that so much of your work will be covered by paint. People never get to see the rusted hulk you started with or your sore and bloody hands. ~Chris

30. oldman2

oldman2

Man wolfex1 laid down some good words. Each time I look at your updates I'm just blown away. The detail is over the top, keep outdoing yourself....Jim