Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greetings from Melbourne Australia

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Panel Dan, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Panel Dan

Panel Dan
    from Melbourne

Hi folks,
    Thanks for providing an online community like this. I'm glad to now be a part of it. I'm 31, have been messing around with cars since I was 18, and have worked on things ranging from Austin Healeys, to MG's to Toyota Landcruisers and Series Two Landrovers. By day I'm a Mechanic on road making equipment, by night a musician, and in my spare time I am working on old Fords. All of what I currently have is slightly too new for this community, I own a 1968 XT Falcon Panel Van, which I suppose is like a sedan delivery with a high roof, and I've owned an XA Falcon Wagon (1973), and briefly had a 1961 Falcon Sedan, as well as some other more modern, less interesting stuff. I'm not militantly a Ford man, however they just seem to keep on presenting themselves to me for less than any Mopar or GM cars do down here.

I've always planned on building a proper rod, based on some kind of ford from 1932 - 1951, but I still haven't found the right starting point down here.
    If I can help out anyone with Falcon knowledge, or with guiding people in the right direction for any Aussie specific stuff, I'll do my best. I'm more than happy to share what I know from stripping dozens and completely restoring 12 falcons, ranging from our Aussie XK (1961) to Aussie XB (1975) and there are lots and lots of compatible parts between them all.

Here is the Panel Van in the state that it is currently in. I've owned this thing for 10 years now. Gradually giving it the complete makeover...

[​IMG]

I hope the oddness of the vehicle surpasses the fact that it's too new for this message board, if not I'll keep quiet about it until I get the 1939 Ford Sloper of my dreams.

Cheers.
    Panel Dan.

2. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Welcome. Always like that style of van. I had a Sloper years ago. I miss that Rod some days.

3. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Nice intro, cool cars, stick to the early stuff on the board, you'll learn a heap and the HAMB will become a second home.
    Thommo

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. 28rp

28rp

Welcome to the HAMB Panel Dan
    Like your panel-we don,t see ,em much here in Tassie any more-RUST!
    In amongst all my stuff I have a low mileage XP Futura Coupe-owned it since 1981-think I,ll sell it?
    Nah!

5. Welcome Panel Dan, good to see another aussie on here with a van, i've got a HZ windowless van with Vette wheels and a worked 308, turbo 400, 9 inch and lowered to hell.
    Yours will look awesome built, not many of them around that's for sure.

6. Moedog07

Moedog07

Bet you don't drive it much at night with those headlights.

Welcome aboard.

7. Welcome and G'day from Kansas City

8. Panel Dan

Panel Dan
    from Melbourne

You think the headlights are good, you should see the engine...

9. Welcome from the cultural center of the universe, Oklahoma.