Register now to get rid of these ads!

Today sucked

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 226 flattie, Feb 17, 2013.

1. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

These kids parents are the type if you accidently bump there car not causing any damage what so ever . Calling the insurance claiming major damage.

2. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

If you are pretty certain who did it, then they absolutely should pay for it. If not, criminally than at least civilly? Better yet, both.

3. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

I could be tougher that there fathers , but really? What is that going to prove? That I'm stupid and act like a dumbass I don't need a all expense trip to the local Country club .

4. Bart78

Bart78

I think all of us were kids at one time. And kids are known to do stupid stuff. I had a kid that lived a few houses down from me a few years ago. He hit the back of my truck turning the corner to wide. I went out to look because I heard it. I could tell the kid had been drinking. I told him to go home and the next day and went and talked to his parents. They payed for it and made it all right. I could not see any use of involving the law. And seeing a seventeen year old with a dwi. I think he learned his lesson. Just talk to their parents.

5. rbonazzoli

rbonazzoli
    from Dallas, TX

x2. The kids screwed up, and they should make it right.

6. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Ya youre right, sue 'em for a $20k paint job and feel good about it cuz their parents would do the same...

7. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

Very true . Thanks guys. your making bad day better thanks for the support

8. Big-O

Big-O

People are assholes and don't give a shit anymore. 20 years ago you would have been in the right to hunt them down and beat some asses... Open the petcock on your tanks and be nice to them and giver their cars a bath in diesel fuel

9. daddio211

daddio211

You're going about it right. Use the law and insurance as far as you can. Get several professional estimates (fair, not excessive) and deliver them to the next door neighbor. If I read you right, those parents would be taking it up with the parents of those who trespassed and damaged your property, right? Seems sensible, level headed, fair and honest to me!

If your next neighbors are good people they should be accommodating and helpful... even if embarrassed.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

10. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

The worst thing is I think one of the fathers is a hamber also. So he may be reading this.

11. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

Eric, you right . Big o had a nice idea but haz mat claims are too much in ca

12. S.Sutherland

S.Sutherland
    from Fontana,CA

File your claim, and recoup your losses. Id make it clear that you're upset cause it involves your car. Somebodies parents are bound to play that card so stick it to th
    em... Good luck.

13. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Family I know growing up bought a new Ferrarri.
    5 year old son and friend thought it would be fun to play on top of the hood, roof, etc...

14. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

You cant walk out of a paint and body store for under $150

15. cmat21

cmat21
    from Tennessee

Sound like spoiled little shits that don't care about what they mess up. When I was in high school I knew what that stuff would do to a paint job. Sounds like they just didn't care. I agree that you should take the estimate to the neighbors. I think that is probably the smartest idea.

16. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

I don't know how I feel about this.

On the one hand, yeah, they damaged your property. It's going to cost time, and money to fix. I get it.

On the other hand, they are kids...and I'm sure the outcome isn't what they intended to happen.

If there were some BOYS involved, talk to the parents, and spend the day holding a "wetsanding class". And maybe a paint class if you are so inclined. Make the kids or their parents, supply all the materials.

If the parents, or the kids, don't comply...call the cops and make it hurt.
    One thing I can't STAND about this generation of parents is that almost always, under ALL circumstances, their kid is always BLAME LESS and NEVER EVER will suffer consequences for their actions if the parents can help it.
    That drives me nuts. I've got a friend that has a daughter and that kid has NEVER EVER EVER had an uncomfortable moment in her life. ALWAYS gets whatever she wants. Coach cuts her off the basketball team? Dad does EVERYTHING, including calling his attorney, to get little Suzy back on the team. The guy will spend every last penny that he DOESNT have to buy little Suzy whatever she wants WHEN SHE WANTS IT...because you can't have little Suzy be unhappy, right?
    And he's PROUD of that.

Makes me sick. Sorry for the rambling.

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That sounds like an episode of "Leave It To Beaver".:D Unfortunately, that world doesn't exist today and now we have laws and lawyers. I'm sure a talk with the parents would get some type of action. If not, then call the law. I don't like it, but that's the world we live in now. Legal action cures a lack of accountability.

18. jesse1980

jesse1980

If it was my car in primer, it wouldn't have been outside. Just sayin......

19. jfrolka

jfrolka

What a pain in the ass.

Well, its a good thing for one of these kids to have this screw-up happen to them at a young age. Their gonna get a real eye opener early on and hopefully it sets them straight for thinking twice the next time.

Good luck with catching the little turds that thought it was funny.

20. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

If the neighbor girl is withholding names, she and her parents have a lesson to learn also.

21. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

These types of things can be a real good life lesson for these kids. It can also show what kind of people these kids' parents are.
    I will bet if there will be one or 2 that will take responsibility for their kids actions, and actually make the kids do something about it. A couple will will say it was just kids being kids, and why are you making a big deal out of it. Then there will be the one who calls your car (and probably you) a piece of shit, and that there's no way their kid was involved, and your just looking for a free paint job.

I was in a similar situation when I was a kid with a friend and wrecking a neighbors garden. I admitted to it, and My parents made me go to the neighbor and apologize, and ask what I could do to make up for it. The other kid denied having anything to do with it, and his dad basically told the guy F-U. I ended up picking up accorns for an afternoon, and learned not to screw with other peoples stuff. The other kid later became a HS dropout, and spent time in jail.....

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  22. Diavolo

Diavolo

Against the current way of thinking I would say DON'T file a claim with your insurance. Work with the parents best you can and if it doesn't work and you can get enough information to find the culprits take them to small claims court.

If you file a claim with your insurance and something big happens in the near future (or even if it doesn't) you will see your premiums go up for at least 3 years. Guess who is paying for that? In the end, unless I have a totalled vehicle, I just fix stuff myself and pay out of pocket. The money I save in lower premiums more than makes up for it.

So, either get the parents to fix it or accept that shit happens.

23. jesse1980

jesse1980

Be happy that's all that happened.

24. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Pop there lifted tires...those are about 300-400 each...
    Bastards...

25. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

I parked out side in my driveway .replace a transmission in my elderly fathers truck got late and cold. Transportation for my dad drs .visits is important. Things happen

26. daddio211

daddio211

You did no wrong Nick, and don't need to defend your actions (car being outside). THEY trespassed and damaged YOUR belongings.

I agree, don't file an insurance claim unless the parents don't cooperate. THEN file your claim along with the police case number (if the jerk cop provided one) and the names/addresses of the families involved. This is not the insurance company's problem unless you can't peacefully resolve it.

If the cop didn't give you a case number call and get a different cop. Demand a case be opened. Your personal property was destroyed.

Assholes come in all shapes, sizes and ages. So do decent people. I'm betting you'll be able to solve this. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

27. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Are you trying to get a paint job or go back to primer.............:D

28. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

Thanks Eric! I did get a case number and now just have to drive it to a body shop and get a estimate . I really don't want to do the job myself again. Long process. But may be force to. And my garage is Jamed packed with parts and flathead engines, one currently being built.

29. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

It was prep. For paint, but since it was going to cost me $6000.00 it was back burner for now and the primer looked really good for a Daily driver type . But now it looks horrible . I really need to block it out to make look decent.