Register now to get rid of these ads!

Line Lock ROll Control Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porkchop4464, Feb 17, 2013.

1. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Hey all.

Thinking of doing line locks on my car towards the end as I get closer to finished. Never installed one. I also saw in Speedway and another site on Ebay, a button that you can mount and you push down like an inch and it locks (fluid pressure MANUAL)which ever line (set of brakes) you place it on, then the directions state you just tap the brakes and it pops off. That button costs 25 where as teh roll control electric unit seems to run 60. Advice? Install issues?

Pork

2. chasracer54

chasracer54

What's your intention for the roll control - burnouts or a temporary parking brake?
    <object style="position:absolute;z-index:1000" type="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">

</object>

3. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

front wheel lock burnout control

4. chasracer54

chasracer54

You're not going to like that Speedway one for that if I am looking at the right one called a Park-lok? Jegs sells the regular line-lock in their brand for $40, we use it on our Camaro and I have one on my dragster. Nice unit, easy to hook up and install. I don't think it comes with a button so that's something you have to add to the deal. Assuming you have a dual master, come off of the front brake port to the inlet of the line-lock and then from the output of it to the front brakes. Connect power through a momentary button and your done. Enjoy the smoke!
    <object style="position:absolute;z-index:1000" type="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">

</object>

5. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Dual Master! Man,
    I have a single pot, 61 Chevy clutch/brake, Milner master. I assume that does cause an issue. Man, I can't win for loozin this month.

6. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Boom! I'm not trying anything here, really!

7. your roll control has to be spliced into the frt brk line with the button mounted on thr shifter or steering you have to apply the brakes and hold the button down to lock the brakes upon release the brakes are released

8. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

You can plumb the solenoid into your main front brake line regardless of your master. I would use the Jegs unit as that is what it is designed for. Easy installation.

9. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

don't use the electric one for a parking brake....

10. yellow dog

yellow dog
    from san diego

If you care NHRA rules says that all line locs must be self-returning to normal brake operating mode. You interpret as you like, but I don't think tapping the brake pedal as self-returning.

11. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

12. 61falcon

61falcon

i have a line lock on my Falcon for getting the drag radials warm at the track. easy install. i have a Hurst shifter with button built in for activating the solenoid. it also comes in handy when sitting at a traffic light on a hill.

13. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

thanks guys, seems the electronic seems best, but that large dash lever one seems tuff as hell. Pork

14. captmullette

captmullette

got mine from summit $40 added a toggle works great easy install.

15. kennb

kennb

Yeah, that dash lever should look cool for $380. Ken

16. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Yeah, I hear you KB. Why does the cooler looking stuff always seem to cost the damn most in life? Seems like the cheapy Zegs elec roll control is the best for me,

As usual, thanx for all the great details, folks.
    Pork