Register now to get rid of these ads!

Odd finds in new projects?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guitard, Jun 30, 2012.

1. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

old coal bags used to stuff the seat, a M1 tool kit, a small box of what looked like
    a bunch of half moon chunks of jerkey( threw that box out), and a tooth inbeded into the top of my steering wheel.

2. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

matchbooks, change, misc crap. no treasure.

I did find a body hammer behind the door panel of my 53. How it got there I have no idea...good hammer.

3. Muttley

Muttley

BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA...................you'd have to say/do a lot more than that to offend anyone around here.

4. Ramblerguy

Ramblerguy

My buddy picked up a sharp '72 Thunderbird at an auction, and in the trunk, neatly stashed under the carpet was $275 in cash. Almost paid for the purchase of the car!

5. Cleaning out my own old van tonight I found more stuff that I said "so that's where in the hell that went!" the best being... I couldn't find any gloves and bought another pack of five pair at Harbor Freight last week.... so I find 3 or 4 pair new in the bag in this van plus probably 15 assorted pairs of mildly to very well worn.... I should theoretically never run out again. That's as wierd as it gets this week.

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess it's odd but I have found tear gas shot gun shells in several vehicles while I was in the Army. One was kinda odd, found it in an ambulance at the Army Parachute Training School..........still have them too.

Doc.

7. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Two minty 1946 Canadian pennies I found stuck somewhere inside the front sheetmetal on my 1946 Austin when I pulled the tin off. Not sure where they fell from, but found the two green pennies when I swept up the dirt. They are now a permanent part of the dash.

8. fairlaneranch

fairlaneranch

Found old Military gas coupons from 69-70 in a 68 Fire Bird I worked on and some kind of home made battery made with a plastic pail,a rod,wire and some powdery white crap that rotted the trunkfloor in a 67 Fairlane I had

9. LSDemon

LSDemon
    from Australia

Hahahaha that's so funny!! Hahahah

10. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

22 shells tend to scare the hell out of convicted felons..... Prison time adds up fast if they are in possesion of any ammo.....

11. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

I found an old valve grinding machine in the trunk of the 1950 Merc I bought, been sitting for 40 years.

12. DrSweeneyRod

DrSweeneyRod
    from England

On the Underneath of the drivers seat on my brothers old car was a large dried frog stuffed with dried flowers...the old women who owned it before said it blessed the car.

13. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

Duh... its a key that opens a locked church.

14. Marcosmadness

Marcosmadness
    from California

It used to be fairly common to find a metric box end wrench stuck to the top right motor mount bolts on the classic VW beetles. I inadvertently stashed some money for a future owner to find in my son's classic FJ Cruiser. When I restored the FJ I made a blanking plate to cover the winch mounting hole in the front brush bar. The plate was flush with the brush bar on the front and was mounted with two studs and wing nuts on the back. Then I made up a small metal box out of 1/8 steel for the back of the blanking plate that was also retained by the mounting studs and wing nuts. I showed the hidden box to my son and said if he ever ran out of gas or cash that I had put $20 in the box... all he had to do is remove the two wing nuts to get access to it. Seemed like the perfect plan to avoid the late night "Dad I have a problem" phone call. At any rate, years later he sold the truck and I asked him if he took the $20 out of the box. Nope, he had forgotten about the $20. Oh well, someone will hopefully find the $20 sometime in the future and they will have a story to tell.

15. Heo2

Heo2

Polaroids of a good looking blonde in just
    stockings garterbelt and high heels working
    hard with a plastic "tool" on the hood,roof
    and trunk on the Fairlane i found it in:cool:
    funny thing is i know who she is and
    i see her sometimes out in the town
    we live:D:D:D

16. JD Miller

JD Miller

You are just kidding right?

Some .22s scared the shit out of you? You had a cop come pick up some 22 rounds? No way !

bullets are the lead thingies in the end of the cartridge

I hope you're not a hoplophobe :eek:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  17. JD Miller

JD Miller

:DJust throw the hole thing in the fire

:D All my vehicles have 22s, shot shells or other ammo rolling around some where.

My grandpa showed us as little kids how to pull the 22 bullet with pliers, lay the 22 cart on its side and light the powder with a match. Great fun for little kids :D

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  18. me too! yay.....

19. 53mercury

53mercury

Crucifix and a crack pipe in the last truck I bought, Interesting combination. Mike

20. Trichop

Trichop
    from Eaton,Ohio

Found a Girls High School Class ring under the back seat (where else) of a 1954 Chevy I once owned
    I took it to the HS it was from and they tracked down the owner and returned

21. mickeyc

mickeyc

Found a McCullough supercharger boost and vacuum guage in my forty Ford firewall. It was covered with a piece of sheet metal holding a coil.
    It has a blue goose logo on the face?

22. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

saw something shiney when steam cleaning the engine compartment of my 56 handiman chased it down it was a gold ring couldnt make out the words inside so i brought it to my friend the jewler he said it was 18 kt got 135 bucks woohoo!

23. Look in the thread dangest thing found in an old car

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  24. 1947Caddy

1947Caddy

The 47 Caddy limo I have was "potentially" previously owned by the Eaton family from up here in Canada. This car has power windows and front seat (hydraulic) and it was obvious that the front seat cylinder must have leaked at one time since there was an old rag under it. Turns out the rag was a ratty pair of mens "briefs" that funny enough have a tag on them... "Eaton's Menswear". Maybe Mrs. Eaton was getting more than just the occasional drive into town? :)
    Apart from that, I found the rail ticket for shipping out to the west coast and a 50's parking stub.

25. guitard

guitard

Trichop, bet that ring brought her back a moment in time, eh?

26. RamJet1

RamJet1

My first car, a '57 210 2-door post, 1 pair briefs stuck in the front fender. Yuck

Several years later, '64 2-door Chevelle wagon, 1 pair of briefs, I forgot where.

coincidence? Man I hope so! Why couldn't they have been panties instead?

27. EXracer64

EXracer64
    from nj

LOL this is awesome

28. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

Used condoms, nasty, previous owner US army guy

29. 50 chevy matt

50 chevy matt
    from UK

upto now i have found a shot glass, a pair of wrist bands and a few other bits and bobs including the original insurance certificate wedged in the seat fold

all this from Texas to the UK and the shot glass is still together but in need of a damn good clean lol

30. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri