Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage John D'Agostino's 2013 Sacramento Surprise: "Not A Merc !"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnie King, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

[​IMG]
    JOHN D'AGOSTINO'S 2013 SACRAMENTO SURPRISE: "NOT A MERC !"
    [​IMG] JOHN CALLED ME LAST WEEK and said he was forwarding a pic of a new creation that he & his Crew at Celebrity Kustoms had put together in just about six weeks ! It's a beautiful 1951 "Baby" Lincoln that he's bringing to the 2013 Sacramento Autorama...along with his award-winning '40 Cad "Sophia". ​

This fantastic Lincoln is called "Ruby"...and you can call it a "Sacramento Surprise" ! John & his Crew did some real late-night trashing to get it done in time !​

THIS LINCOLN HAS IT ALL: It's chopped, has frenched-in Lakes pipes, frenched-in headlights, '54 Merc taillights, a full period-perfect custom Interior, a Gene WInfield grille bar, a 350/350 drivetrain combo...AND, a gorgeous Ruby Red custom-mixed paint. Hence, the name of this cool ride is "Ruby" !​

I told John that this phenominal kustom looks like it just rolled-out of the Barris, Winfield, Starbird, or, Bailon Shop in about 1960 ! It's that period-perfect !​

See John, "Sophia", and, "Ruby" at the 2013 Sacramento Autorama this weekend. ​

This was a cool pre-show pic that John sent, and I wanted to share with all my fellow Hamber's. ENJOY !

2. bsa_bob2

bsa_bob2

Wish i knew where he got that grille bar. I sold one to a guy out there, somewhere about 6 months ago.Could be the one i sold ?// curious bob s

3. 60 Belair

60 Belair

Nice looking custom, would like to see some more pics. Andy

4. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

bsa bob2...As I mentioned above, John told me that the grille bar is one from Gene Winfield. Gene makes lots of cool stuff at his shop in the Mojave.

Do you remember where the one you had came from ? Maybe it looks like Gene's in the pic, but is different.

60 Belair...I'll Post more if John sends 'em to me. The one shown here was taken in his shop before it was moved from NorCal. And John sent it as a "sneak preview"...it IS a very well-done machine !

Thanks !

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

5. WWinIL

WWinIL

In France its known as L'Merc Royale

D'ags cars are always stunning, would like see more pics too. Hopefully someone attending the Autorama will post them

6. Bucknsac

Bucknsac

Here are a few I took at Wed's setup. Finally got to meet John, what a great guy, couldn't have been nicer and even remembered my '47 being in the Autorama last year. If you can make it, definitely go, his cars alone are amazing.

Attached Files:

7. Gomes

Gomes

Isn't this Mike Garners car and built by his guys at American truck and Trailer in Tracy Calif

8. Moedog07

Moedog07

Super nice, classic lines.

9. Tony Gomes - I don't think so ... Garner's car is a '51 Merc (i.e., not a Lincoln):

[​IMG]

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

11. Love the pics!! Is the green coupe a Buick or Pontiac??

12. The one pictured above? It is a 1940 Caddy.

13. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Glad you got to meet John...super-nice guy, stunning cars !
    John's Caddy & the "Baby Lincoln" are just extremely well-done !

Hope all in the area get to the show...you won't be disappointed !

14. mikes51

mikes51

Really nice, is that the "long" baby Lincoln hood? It looks shorter like a Merc, hard to tell with those Merc style headlights. The true mark of a custom, can't figure out what is stock and what is modified.

15. Thanks K13...lovin the headlights...Tim

16. True Dat!

17. No problem. Pictures do not do that car justice. It is stunning when you see it in person.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

18. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Nice car, but...

If you take a baby Lincoln and replace the nose with a Merc, is it still a baby Lincoln?

19. teddyp

teddyp

nice car good lines

20. Nice! Congrats to John for another nice custom!!!
    The Merc/baby-Lincolns are close to each other, but there is one major difference: 3". I don't know if John's baby-Lincoln has a modern front clip and/or a shortened wheel base. The Merc front requires to be extended to fit the 3" longer wheel base of the baby-Lincoln. As soon as some things settles down a bit my own long-term project, the "Lincury", will continue...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  21. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

RPW,,,Don't think the wheelbase was shortened.

Love your pix ! WOW ! You've got a fantastic project that's coming together, and the work on the trunk, rear-quarters, taillights, etc. is very smooth ! Gotta see it when you're finished !

22. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Just A Fast Note:

John sent me a few personal pix from the Sacramento Show, of BOTH "Sophia" and the "baby" Lincoln "Ruby".

If you'd like to see them, I've got 'em Posted with the Info on the Front Page of the HOF Legends Site: www.legends.thewwbc.net

Enjoy !

23. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

John D' is going to be our special guest at Bobs Big Boy Broiler this Friday March 1 st. Don't mean to hijack the thread, just want to get the word out that it starts at dusk.

24. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Kevin...

No problem. John is a super-cool guy, and if you're reading this and you're in that area, head on over to Bob's tomorrow night.

And, if you've not met John yet, he's one of the most "approachable" Hall Of Famers there is...so make sure you say "Hello" to 'em.