Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What's the latest best for painting floorboards?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Britton, Feb 16, 2013.

1. The wiring in the 47 is finished! As much as I'd like to drive it to breakfast this morning, I'm going to clean and paint the floors before I put the front seat back in. I've used POR15 in the past, I like it. What else is out there, what do you guys like to use?
    Going to put in some sort of insulation, and later, carpet.
    Thanks, Mike

2. kracker36

kracker36

I have sprayed down black Epoxy and covered it with a light coat of herculiner. It is very tough and sticks well.

3. lht

lht

lizard skin will help insulate theres a video of a peice of sheet metal half painted with lizard skin two eggs on it flame underneath egg on bare metal cooks lizard skin nothing somebody told me its nasa shit don't know

4. kracker,
    I was just thinking of herculiner! I painted my little 4X6 swap meet trailer with it and after a couple years outside under the trees it still looks good.

5. Por then some lizard skin

6. I recently used rust bullet that I got from a catalog speed shop and like it real well. But it is silver so that could be a deal breaker.

7. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I've been doing the POR-15 (or Mater Series), then Dynamat, or Fatmat, or other insulation for the past few years. So even is moisture gets under the insulation and carpet, you have some protection from the POR...just remember, at least 2 coats of it!

8. I have used Duplicolor BedArmor with great result. I am considering ALs HNR and would like to cover with BedArmor. I'd hate to try it and fail. dont have time for rework.

9. indyjps

indyjps

Lizard skin is made by a parent company that makes spray insulation for shipping vessels - big big boats

10. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

I still like POR-15, there could be better, but I have just stuck with it.:)

11. I've done POR, covered by rustoleum enamel from a can. Slop it on with a brush. Easy, durable. Then I'd do the insulation. POR reccomends painting over thier product, once the carpet (or whatever) goes in, nobody sees the john deere green paint you got on sale anyway....

12. After we finished all the patch panels in the floor of the wagon and sandblasted them,,,I looked in the cabinet in the shop and saw a couple of quarts of Rustoleum Enamel red primer and brushed on a couple of coats.

[​IMG]

This kept it from rusting for several years before it was painted black. HRP

[​IMG]

Kustomline54 likes this.