Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. here is a modified Falcon frt grill that caught my eye out at a salvage yard. not sure what the grill is from any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. fca2572

fca2572
    from Texas

My guess is that grille might be from an early 60's Lincoln

3. MrModelT

MrModelT

Looks like '63 or '64 Lincoln Continental to me. Has a nice look to it atually!

4. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

This is definitely LaGrasta's Falcon.

###
    Kustom Falcon Build Thread:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734282

5. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I soooooo love these. Your wheel/tire combo is bad ass too. Post more pics!!

6. MrModelT

MrModelT

I certainly would be interested in whatever info I can get on retrofitted or modded suspension on these Birds....planning to replace all the suspension in my American '65 sedan with all Shelby GT:350 "R" code stuff. This is uncharted territory for me.

Will read over the tech thread and might just send you a PM or two.

7. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Here's the '63 Falcon Futura 2dr sdn I just picked up last week. All stock now with 6 cyl. three speed. It's going to go through major changes once I start building it into a gasser with 454 Chevy power, 4 speed, 9" Ford, and Econoline straight axle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Hodgebilt

Hodgebilt
    from Montana

Hey guys and gals this is my 62. I havent had it long but we just recently painted it. Its suede purple with a gold top. The picture doesnt do it justice but its a work in progress. Ill post more as they come. I have been looking at doing a set of wheel vintique 15x7s and I was wondering if anyone else has done a seven inch wide wheel on there car. uploadfromtaptalk1359650540570.jpg

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

9. Looks good. A 7" wheel is pushing it on these cars, especially when lowered. You really have to watch the offset. To much back spacing on the front will rub the control arms during turning and too little will rub the fender. In the rear, on a lowered car you have to watch both leaf spring clearance and inner fender well.
    Bot saying it can't be done, but you have to nail it spot on.

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

My '62 coupe has a 7" wheel on the rear, but it has a Maverick rear narrowed about 2" (two short side axles) with 3.5" of backspace and a 195/65-15. With it lowered about 4" total, rear tire changes are an all afternoon kinda deal...

11. Hodgebilt

Hodgebilt
    from Montana

The wheels I was looking at have a 4 inch backspacing. I can imagine changing the back tires is going to suck.mine is sitting at about 3 inches of drop and its pushing it. Ive heard using newer dodge steel wheels work decent because they are 15x6s but im not sure. I would imagine that they would be primarily front wheel drive offset and im sure thatd pull them in to far. I got to do some measuring.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'd sure stick with 15x6 myself, with about 3.5-3.75 backspace. If for some reason a 4" backspace got into anything you could run a 1/2" spacer though. We have had several discussions on tires and wheels over on the "TECH" thread "Doing Falcons Right"...

13. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

On a round bird, I'd go 6". Really, I'd go for a 14x6, but that's me. I'm running a 15x7 reverse on a narrowed rearend, and a 15x6 standard in front to maintain any sort of turning radius.

NEED LOUVRES I scoped you out at the GNRS, shoulda said hi. Catch you next year?

###
    Kustom Falcon Build Thread:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734282

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Absolutely! Wish ya would have given me a shoulder tap and a handshake. How did you know what I looked like?

15. I run 16x6 Cragar SSs 195s in the front 205s in the rear. I had to massage the rear fender wells a lot to keep from rubbing. 2 inch block in the rear. I also had to extend the shock rod so the rear would drop far enough to get the tire out in case of a flat. Ask me how I found this out??

16. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

17. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

someone sell me some cal custom 4 lug spider caps!

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Forgot about the tags! I wore mine for about an hour later and was getting some sort of weird stares from the "normies" out there, so I took it off. I thought about putting "occupant" on it but thought that would rather defeat the purpose... The one rule with me is you should alway interrupt, 'cause I never stop talking - Next year man! Your Falcon is looking great!

19. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

20. About to do a Ming Green paint job on my 62 four door... Hope this works out.

Posted from the TJJ App for your mom

21. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I looked for them for years. They always popped up when i had no money or something.
    Of course now that i dont need them anymore they seem to surface a lot more often LOL

22. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Given their scarcity, I wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper to do a five-lug conversion. After all, your time is worth something too.

23. DRM ON

DRM ON
    from Australia

a couple pics of my old ute.

Almost sold it a couple of weeks back and the sale fell through. For some reason that really motivated me to finish it. Should be on the rd in a month or so I reckon ($$$$ permitting) Just finished making all new brake lines for it. got a tonneau cover made up for it, mounted the seat and everything properly, just need to fit the tailshaft, wire it up finish the 4 link (2 more arms to go) and well be ready to cruise the wheels off it

this is where it all began. Dont ask me how I saw potential in this but I did haha

[​IMG]

and now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

exterminator likes this.
  24. Liam-B

Liam-B
    from Melbourne

Hey brad, fancy seeing you here?

A lot of love for the old Falcons on this forum! Glad you decided to keep this one and follow through finishing it, looking forward to seeing it one day :)

25. ausbuick

ausbuick

That is one bad ass xk dude..
    It makes me want an early falcon again
    cheers Darren

26. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Yeah, itsa good idea, and something im thinkin of doin. It will suck not rollin on 4 spoke Cragars, or any other 4 spoke mag, but there are far more pros than cons. Gotta redrill the hubs thou, cause i still wanna roll 13s.

27. DRM ON

DRM ON
    from Australia

yeh ive been a long time lurker but dont post very often.

Im pretty keen to get stuck into the old ute now. Shouldnt be long and it will be ready for rego

28. DRM ON

DRM ON
    from Australia

thanks mate.

29. Alfster

Alfster

On the subject of the 4 spoke spinners. Does someone have one that a pattern can be taken off to get some cast? Shouldn't be that difficult. Or make a pattern to cast some yourself. Could be a market for them.

I am looking for a set of 3 spoke spinners to suit SS Cragars and can't find any so I will have to make a pattern to have some cast.

Yes, I know I can buy them new from Summit and other places but by the time I pay the exchange rate and shipping the price is way too expensive.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  30. falconsquire

falconsquire

More pics as requested. Please don't hate on the modernness of my car. The wheels are the standard sports pack option when these came out I think thu are the beat wheels for ever made. It's half painted as bubbles started coming back. Best thread on the hamb.
    <a href="http://s1162.photobucket.com/albums/q537/falconsquire/?action=view&current=3B510155-2582-48E3-BE40-19B76325164D-2453-0000028102C99C43.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s1162.photobucket.com/albums/q537/falconsquire/?action=view&current=ED0D2404-E7EA-442C-AC33-B3A8EA33313F-2453-00000280C01F8E52.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s1162.photobucket.com/albums/q537/falconsquire/?action=view&current=01FB0B38-ABF6-4ABD-BB92-90EE42008153-2453-00000280DA8E8D9A.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014