Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roadside Find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Copper Top, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Fitz, you know where Spencer lives (1950 Ford ), it's in the ditch about 1/4 mile towards the Argentia ferry from his place, and he didn't know it was there. When the snow goes I will see if there is anything else around there.

2. filthy frank

filthy frank

its a 33 , the top side of the cowl has TWO indentations , the 34 has three !and just under the the cowl top , the cowl side separation on the 33 is horizontal , where as the 34 is slanted !

3. As you own a 33 Frank, I'll take your word on it. Thanks.

4. OOPS, after looking at pics and videos of 33 and 34s, the carcass I discovered seems to be a 34 Plymouth.

5. 32fivewindow

32fivewindow
    from USA!

That's what I thought also...

6. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Grab it... you may be pleasantly surprised at what you find under that body, when you move it.

4TTRUK

7. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

1934 Plymouth, was mint

8. filthy frank

filthy frank

yes ! i do own a 33 plm pc , and i also used a 34 cowl to fix mine !

9. The dashboard is definitely 1935 Hudson or Terraplane because of the instrument face area and glove box opening, lower scallop and the hole top center for the windshield crank out handle shaft. '34 did not have the crank out windshield but an overcenter instead so this is definitely a '35 Hudson product.

10. Looking at pics of 35 Hudsons, it seems they had a split rear window.

11. Hate to argue, but the dashboard tells it all. Here are the 1933 and 1934 respectively....the '33 has the instruments in the center (and yes, it does have a newer steering wheel)....no squarish hole for the ashtray. The '34 has the squarish hole for the ashtray in the center and the instruments are offset. It also has the windshield crank in the center. My Plymouth books verify that. Sounds like Frank's car may be titled wrong. Just sayin'.....

I see three indentations on top of the cowl.....what do you mean by "cowl side separation"? Are you meaning the area where someone has cut the cowl on the lower edge?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  12. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

Grab it! That shit will buff out.............

13. O K what happened to the barn?

14. filthy frank

filthy frank

the cowl top and sides have a seam ,a separation where its spot welded . on a 33 it is strait across , on a 34 , its slightly diagonal , and i have proof of my vins , that mine is a 33 pc coupe ! i also have a 34 cowl that i used to fix mine , both of the dash's on the 33 and 34 plymouths have round dash clusters , dodge had square or rectangle dash clusters !

15. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

not to beat a dead horse but i agree with 31 Dodger...I currently building a 33 out off parts from a 33 and a 34 and my 34 cowl only has 2 indents you are describing so they must have built them either way..

16. filthy frank

filthy frank

the faded red cowl top is from the 33 plmouth pc coupe , the rusty one is from the 34 plymouth coupe !

Attached Files:

17. Looks like this one near me. I really should try and save it just because......

Attached Files:

18. lht

lht

jimmy hoffa's last ride

19. I didn't say the Plymouth had square clusters. Actually, they are oval....not round. I said the center ashtray hole is "squarish" looking on the '34....not quite square, but with rounded corners. We are not talking about Dodges. I guess you didn't pay attention to my photos.

20. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

Sorry frank I usually just go by dashboard and gage cluster shape [ oval plymouth,squareish ends dodge ]

21. filthy frank

filthy frank

thats ok , im not here to argue , just sharing what i know and what ive got ! if you can make a car or hot rod from a complete car or from pieceing it together , then you 're doing something !

22. Sorry, guys....I am not here to argue, either. Just here to help with the 50 years of Chrysler product knowledge that I have.

23. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

I would clean it up and drive it!!!

24. filthy frank

filthy frank

50 years of knowledge with these cars is a good thing ! i only have just one parts manual to go off of ! parts are very scarce , and plydo is gone , so the chase gets harder ! but any help is apreciated !

25. 3340

It,ll Take At Least 2 To Make 1, Ha