Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new project 1951 Buick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aw1950, Oct 18, 2010.

1. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You're climbing that mountain of Buick Andy! Grreat progress.

2. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Looks like your new toys came handy with the roof,nice progress!

3. And a big mountain it is LOL!!!

Yes finn the english wheel shapes stuff some fast and it dosent take to many passes through before its done . Its coming ! Getting anything done on your car ?

4. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Yeah,i got done something.I guess i try to update my thread soon.Thanks for asking.

5. koolkemp

koolkemp

Andy pm me an e mail address my phone won't upload the pics

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. Hey Steve did you get my e-mail address I sent you .I am assuming not because I did not get the pictures that you have for me . [email protected]

7. Hope everyone had a good Christmas. I was able to get some more work on the roof done today .I know its a lot of the same but progress is progress. Have a look but , yawn even I am getting bored LOL!!!

Attached Files:

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

Its great to see it coming back together Andy! and the profile looks great!

9. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking good brother!

10. Thanks guys . Weld and grind , weld and grind , weld and grind some more !! I am sure everyone knows what thats all about . :D

11. Your Buick looks better and better with each update. Your rework of the chop looks really good. The proportions are much nicer.

12. Thanks for that Dave .I agree the roof needed more chop and the sailpanels and rear window reworked . I amhappy with the profile now , for sure .I see that you are still at the old ford . Its looking good . This stuff takes a long time dosent it , especially when family , friends and work are factored in . Andy..

13. 48reo

48reo

gotta love those old buicks! keep up the good work!

14. I'm trying to get back on the old Ford. Finally got my daily drivers back on the road and now that the Holidays are winding down I'm hoping to get back on it and make some progress!! :D

15. Looking good! The chop looks real clean now, the work was worth it.

16. Thanks Faimont . its not what I wanted to tell myself at the time ( That I had to rework it ) but its a hell of a lot better tan where it was headed before . The only way to learn is jump right in . I see that you are now the proud owner of a 50s cruiser . Looks to be in pretty good shape . Lots to work with there . Andy...

17. robleticia

robleticia

Nice flow Andy! You nailed it!

18. Thanks 48 Reo its starting to come together .

Rob ! where ya been ? No progress on your chevy for a while . I seen some signs of life the other day though on your project. I must get me some of those discs you mentioned the other day for stripping the rest of the body when the time comes . Later , Andy..

19. Started fitting the new / old right door . It didnt fit well and I realized that the opening was 1/4 in narrower than the left side ??? Anyway got that figured out . I am going to try for 3/16 in gaps but at the front leading edge of the door to fender it will have to be a larger gap due to fender clearance issues when the door is opened . Any of you guys out there back me up on this . It seems logical enough . I tried running to close a gap on my 51 fleetline but by the time I did bodywork and paint, the paint would wear off at the highest crown point of the door . It was close . What are you guys running for gaps ? I dont know if you can see in the pictures clearly but the front is about 5/16 . That seems to me to be a little to wide ??

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      214.1 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      186.8 KB
      Views:
  20. Well the Buick is off to the side of the shop for now . Have some work to attend to in the house . So I have the window frame roughed in and the chop is about 85 % complete on the passenger side . Have to put on a drip rail ( 5/16 CRS ) and make some more minor adjustments here and there . I now have that 1 1/4 gap filled with a donor piece from the old door . Andy..

Attached Files:

21. That passenger side looks really good! I wish you were closer I want to section a 60 C60 hood and could use your guidance. Good luck with the chores and hopefully you'll be back on your car soon. bob

22. Thanks R Grin its coming along nicely now . It sure is a lot of work . I am learning every day the things to do and not do for the next chop ( If there ever is going to be one ??? ) I sure would like to be able to help you out for sure on your hood . Closest thing I can say is stay tuned , as there will be a 1" piecut on the hood of the Buick in the future . Also I will be sectioning the front fenders to get them lower over the front tires . I dont want to alter the front suspension ( cutting coils ) to get the lowered look . So, much more ahead this winter for sure :) Andy...

23. fitzee

fitzee

Great work and keep at it..

24. SimonsaysGo

SimonsaysGo
    from SW Ohio

I would love to ask you a few ?s about your 51 Buick. I am working on a 51 Special. Please email me [email protected] if you don't mind. P.S. your car looks great!!

25. koolkemp

koolkemp

Great progress Andy!

26. 48buickkid

48buickkid

Having not been on in a long time I have to say you really have done some great work! Cant wait to see the finished product.

27. QVOFFIGHTR

QVOFFIGHTR
    from Pasadena

Still have the Merc bumper gaurds and bar?

28. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

looking good man keep the pictures coming.

29. well 3 months and nothing done . Havent been out in the shop at all . I guess the boss owned me all winter . Anyway got out here today and made some progress . I reinstalled the evestrough on the right side and faded it away into the top of the catwalk . Maybe some more pics later tonight .

30. Well I dont know whats going on . The pics wont load :mad: will try again later