Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bad Banana Resurrection - 55 Chevy Gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Banana, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

yep ;):D

2. TDWZ28

TDWZ28
    from Michigan

Wow, they sure look different! Nice job.

3. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

I know a lot of you guys have been asking and wondering about my dad. I had told you his health was not good. He has been under hospice care for the last few months and he finally passed on this morning. Thanks for all you guys support. If it wasn't for the encouragement from this message board I may never have got that car done in the time I did. Life is too short...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father. He could not have had a better son than you, and I am sure you made him proud.
    Baron

5. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm very sorry to hear of the passing of your dad. I'm sure you made him very happy restoring the car. It's good that you got to enjoy it with him for awhile.
    Gasser Girl

6. 55Belairman

55Belairman

So sorry to hear about the loss of your father, Rusty. I'm sure he was very moved by all of your efforts to get The Bad Banana back on the track. He and the 55 are heroes of American drag racing. Thank you for sharing both of them with us.

7. Rusty, so sorry to hear about your fathers passing. He will be bench racing with the best of them now!

8. TDWZ28

TDWZ28
    from Michigan

I send my condolences Rusty.

9. jimz31

jimz31
    from PA

Sorry to hear of your Dad passing.

I went to school with your Uncle Jim, and knew about the Bad Banana. I ran into Jim last summer and asked about the car. He said it that you had the car. Then I saw your thread here and started to read because I figure there can't be a lot of Bad Banana's out there.

Again very sorry for your loss, I know you made your Dad proud!

10. c57heaven

c57heaven

Sorry to hear about your Dad. It was just great that you were able to move things along so he could see your efforts.

11. 64falconsix

64falconsix
    from Daphne Al.

sorry to hear about your Dad passing,

12. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

God Speed to Pops and prayers to you and your family.

13. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

My condolences for your Dad, my Dad passed when I was 15, wish I would have had more time with him, Great job on the 55 its been an inspiration for me and my son!
    God Bless, you and your family are in our prayers.

14. novabbc

novabbc

My condolences to hear about your Dad passing Rusty. It was was nice meeting you, your family and your Dad @ Beaver Springs in 2011.

15. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

i have not read your thread but i do know that time spent with our dads is precious time---i am sorry your dad is gone and i know you will miss him...God bless

16. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

sorry for your loss

17. Sad news......sorry.

18. pumpman

pumpman

Very sorry to hear this news. Just remember, you and your dad were a great team and still are. God bless.

19. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

My condolences to you and your family. Looks like you spent a lot of good years with your dad. It don't get better than that. Ron

20. captmullette

captmullette

he's still with you in your heart and in that car.......

21. Saxxon

Saxxon

Sorry to hear about your father
    a loss like that sucks at all levels

I'll say a prayer for him... and for you
    Hang in there

22. roughneck424

roughneck424

Sorry to hear of your loss of your Dad.
    It helps to know that the pain of the loss gets a little better each day.
    I just dreamed of fishing with my dad last night and he has been gone 25 years.
    Be strong.

23. dirt42

dirt42

I'm truly sorry for the loss of your father. You can see in the pictures how happy he was to be a part of the Bad Banana one more time. I'm sure he's still smiling down at you..........

24. biscaynes

biscaynes

25. chasracer54

chasracer54

I am not going to say "sorry" or anything like that but I can tell you as a dad with an older son involved in the hobby that you made him very, very proud. What you did with this car - his car - was fantastic and you couldn't have given him better medicine. I know this is too soon but there will be times in that garage when you'll be turning in circles and suddenly it will all be very clear - that'll be your dad giving you a helping hand.

My best to you.
    <object style="position:absolute;z-index:1000" type="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">

</object>

26. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I just heard the bad news so sorry for your loss. I'm glad he got to see the car finished as I'm sure you are. I lost my dad about 8 years ago but still think about him often and they are all happy thoughts.

27. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

As you can imagine, the last few days have been very busy for me. I have occasionally logged onto the HAMB and have been reading the messages and the PMs that I have received in the last few days. It has helped me a lot to be able to get through each day. I thank you all for taking the time to read this whole thread and to understand what took place here in the last two years or so..

While I am about as sad as someone could be right now, I can't help but feel how lucky I have been to be able to have so many years with my dad. I know so many others that never had that chance. I also am glad I that did realize what I needed to do with that car and was able to do it in time. I could have easily been sitting here right now regretting not putting that old car back together before he was gone..

Right now that is just a very small warm spot in my heart..

28. jdubbya

jdubbya

Sorry for your loss Rusty, may he rest in peace...

29. USA Tires Sign Joe

USA Tires Sign Joe
    from Western NJ

Sorry to hear it and my condolences, try to remember all the good times...... RIP

30. 32dreamer

32dreamer

Condolences to your family.