Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's got this model a woodie?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TANNERGANG, Feb 6, 2013.

1. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I love this Woodie...lost number of guy that used to own it...he sold it and now I'm trying to find out some info on it...have cowl and want to build one like it...any info would be [email protected]

Attached Files:

2. That's pretty nice...

3. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

contact the national woodie club. I believe that they have plans for the this woodie.

4. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I believe that Kirk Duquette of the woodie werx in Cincinnati built the body for a Cincy Street Rod member. Bob Oney (ohiohotrods) may have more info,if it is the same car.

5. GlenC

GlenC

I think it's a 'Woodie Works' body too, but the webpage seems to be gone, it goes straight to a webring...

And yes, the woodie club does have a set of A plans for sale. If you want a full height roofline, don't forget you'll need 26-7 T coupe door pillars to make your roof high enough, or it will look like it's been chopped!

Cheers, Glen.

6. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I'd really like to get in touch with whoever owns it now........I'd like to get with him and trake some good pictures as references.

8. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Somebody is bound to know someone that knows someone who owns this car....anybody want to help me find it?

9. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

I believe Kirk sold that to Boyd back in the day. Try him on facebook. Great guy, he is also a memeber. Woodguy

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  10. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

11. You might try this guy,,he has built a bunch of woodies and may have built the one you are inquiring about. HRP

[email protected]

12. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I'm trying to find the guy that owns it now....I know a good bit about the history of the car...............It's kinda like Fred Sanford used to say...."Is this Bubba's Wine and Barber Shop?....I wanna speek to Bubba"

13. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

Not sure why you wouldn't want to talk with the builder? He has all the numbers for the car and he is an OK guy. It was a feature car in April 1999 of Rodders Digest. Neat car

14. Ditto Ken,, HRP

15. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

I have to correct myself! The car in Street Rodder was Kirks' first Model A woodie. The one you are looking at was his third woodie he built for Ron Howard of Cincinnati and sold to Boyd.

16. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

You never know....the guy may want to sell it and that would cure my problem of measurements and pictures..........Why is it such a problem with me wanting to talk to the guy that actually owns it...........It may just be me, but thats what I want.....it's on my Bucket List of Life.......is that a good enough reason......give me a break guys...hehehe.................I'm an old man, bear with me

17. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

We're all old, brother. You go for it!!!!

18. You should have com right out and said you would like to talk to the owner to see if he could be talked out of it instead of beating around the bush by saying you needed information!:D

I hope you find the guy and talk him out of it,,it's a cool looking ride. HRP

19. basicbob

basicbob

Woodie sold out of Ohio to Boyd Coddington, Boyd sold to Don Smith in Texas, Don sold to Mike Withers in KC, Mike traded for fat fendered Ford. I beleive the car is now in Kansas or Oklahoma.

Good luck on your chase, Bob

20. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I do want information about it......that was my question and intention....BUT.....if he would sell it for the right price, I may buy it instead of building one.....got a cowl, cabinet shop to build body, engine, trans........etc.......I just want to pict the guys brain about how a woodie...this one in perticular...drives, squeeks, rattles, how the wood has held up...........questions I want the guy that drives it right now to answer........Is it so hard to understand............