Register now to get rid of these ads!

24 days til The Day of the Drags and....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crease, Sep 6, 2005.

1. HRH

HRH

Thats the BARONS fer ya! Wrenchin Wenchin & Ass-clenchin! :D

Oh and Crease, I'm going to dust you with the sled!!! :O

And Willie might be able to beat you too if he can turn off the A/c in the roadster!!!!!!!!

2. Sweet! :jumpingupanddown:

3. Anderson

Anderson

I don't think they let V6's into the track either....i mean if it was inline, then maybe, but I think you're screwed either way. :D

Wish I could make it. I'd probably break my car anyway....

4. lesabre59

lesabre59

Let me explain, this wouldnt be the FIRST time Slick Willie was "going down" and I got pics to prove, heres a pics of Slick Willie checkin out the "trophy" from the last race he lost, hahahahahahha

Dont make me put on the Speed Demon and tighten you up a little

5. Crease

Crease

Steve,

My goal is 100 with the 94's, I am hoping I can do it. I am resisting the idea of bolting the Edelbrock set up on (hard to do). You gonna run the Holleys?

6. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Run the 94's this year. I don't think you'll hit 100, unless you've done more than I know with that car.

You're going to want to go faster, regardless of how fast you go this time. Save the Edelbrock for next time.

Plus, It'll be easier to dust you with the old carbs on there. I'll beat you either way. I'm just trying to save on gas while doing it.

7. Crease

Crease

Alrighty Mr Dual Quad, your number 2 on my list now buddy!

Here's what I've done heads, cam, electronic ignition (helped alot strangely), shift kit, posi rear end slicks, open exhaust, snazzy new white seat and a cool Stewart Warner water transfer thats gotta be good for 10HP! You running the 2x4 set up?

8. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Yeah, 2x4's still. I've got a lot of work to do before the Drags. Little things that need attention that I haven't been able to work on with burnt fingers and a broken foot. The only real changes will be 4.10 gears with a mini spool and a shorter shifter.

What did you do ignition wise? Pertronix? MSD box? I remember us PMing about heads, but not what you ended up with?

9. Slick Willie

Slick Willie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Steve if you are running the motor you picked up from Copenhaver you better add some Slick 50.

Hey you told me I won that race and that is why I got on the bottom.

HEHEHEE.

10. Crease

Crease

[QUOTE
    What did you do ignition wise? Pertronix? MSD box? I remember us PMing about heads, but not what you ended up with?[/QUOTE]

Went with Mallory Unilite. I had been using an ancient Mallory YC310HP. I loved the way it looked, but it wandered pretty bad. Really the Unilite seemed to make the biggest difference of all. Ended up putting on 461 heads, probably not as good as after market, but with 2.02 valves they flow pretty good.

11. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

461's is good heads. I may not smoke you as bad as I originally thought.

12. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

V6? HA, my motor is bigger than yours!

Bring that wanker ass "bullitt" you steve mcqueen wannabe!!

haha.jk

13. Crease

Crease

Plenty of better heads, but pretty good if your going the nostalgia route. My old heads were of the "Mexico economy style", ya know they're gonne be great! Not sure the exact performance impact cause I swapped the short block at the same time.

Willie,

I will be kickin your butt. Sorry, Im not offering a "special prize".

HRH,

You add nitrous to that sled?

Gee, this is getting fun!

14. lesabre59

lesabre59

I have developed a stagger from idle with the holleys, not sure if its the power valves or not but i gotta really ease into the throttle when it cold, but IF i ran i would have to run the Speed Demon only because it runs like a Raped Ape (no offense Slick Willie)

15. lesabre59

lesabre59

Next time you see Clete ask him if i need Slick50, we literally peeled his 56 of a guardrail when he tried tangling with the A-hole! hahahaha

16. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Hopfully I will have an answer regarding the Temple track by the middle of next week. If not plan B is to move the drags to Prarie Hill outside of Waco. Keep your fingers crossed for Temple. I know its getting up to the last minute, but we will make the determination by the end of next week on location.

17. Crease

Crease

Sorry Willie, looks like you're gettin your butt stomped by Lesabre too.

Anybody bringin a rail? Baron Von Sandman just got his buttoned up and we're wondering if there will be some competition?

18. Rusty

Rusty

Yall better get it worked out I just cant miss it this year.

19. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

If I get my alignment and brakes done in time, I may just run my big ol' Jeepin' Creepin' moredoor down the quarter. the stock 235 has gotta be good for at least a 22 sec time slip:D

20. Slick Willie

Slick Willie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I tangle with your A hole. HEHEHEHE

21. Crease

Crease

Now Im getting jealous!