Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Curious what all you hambers do for work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustypipes, Sep 28, 2005.

1. raidmagic

raidmagic

Maintenance Supervisor at a church

2. Union Iron Worker ,pushing 40 years ........Dam

redlineracer42 likes this.
  3. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

Highrise,comerical(sp) Glazier,residentual thrown in,35yrs

4. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

Fire man/ medic here in central ca. It's the most fun job I have ever had

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

I fix things!
    What ya need fixed?
    KK

6. repairmanrod

repairmanrod
    from colorado

Welder repair Tech. I repair everything from 110 volt plasma cutters to 400KVA generators. We do pipe manipulation and turning equipment and anything that has to do with industrial welding!

Rod

7. rat nasty

rat nasty

Currently working as a L.U. #502 pipefitter/ service technician...served 5 yr. Apprenticeship with L.U.#369 electrical workers worked as a j-man for couple yrs then served another 5 yrs with the pipefitters now I work at C.S.S. as a service technician /pipefitter. Id love to build hot rods for a living but maybe I'd get burnt...or burnt out?

8. rotenjon

rotenjon

30 yr aircraft electrician, 20 Air Force, various other things. Now a assembler/field service tech for medical research manufacture.

9. drofdar

drofdar
    from Fresno Ca

I noticed a lot of aircraft maintenance guys on here. I'd like to thank you all, I'm a retired airline pilot.

10. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Aircraft maintenance for 33+ yrs,currently supporting the warfighter as a Non Destructive Inspection Engineer

11. I am a welder/fitter and turner with 15 years + experience. I also run a boiler during vintage time and a little maintenance at a winery.

Mtw fdu.

12. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Executive Director with LegalShield.
    Allows me to be a stay at home dad, make a good living, and build cars for my 5 kids and wife so they can all have a "DAD car" when I leave this world.

13. Helge71

Helge71
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Naval Architect/Mechanical Engineer
    Worked as a Repair Manager at a large repair shipyard in Hamburg for 6 years and am now employed as a Hull & Machinery Marine Surveyor since 7 years... still ike it.

Helge

14. Didn't think it gets that hot down in Outram, haha. But Hell yea it sure is a good excuse for a couple of coldies, they only sell Ozzy mid strength at the mine though, not as good as a cold DB but I guess its better than nothing!!!

15. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

House hold mover/ truck driver for 12 years

16. I run a maintenance department for 3 companies. Not much fun....

17. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

I like to say that I am "semi-retired" I have been restoring and repairing antique furniture for the past 35 years.

18. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I paint murals in schools across SC. I work with students 3rd grade and up. Ever wrangled 10 3rd graders with paintbrushes?

When not painting, I build cars in my garage. For other people. So my truck is in the weather, not getting any love.

kiwijeff likes this.
  19. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

QC Inspector for American Airlines...

20. fibertech

fibertech
    BANNED

I spent 18 years as a Fiber Optic Technician in the commercial long distance telephone world.
    Hence the handle Fibertech. I have spent the past 6 years as a contract communications analyst for the Dept of Defense.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  21. 302aod

302aod
    from Pelham,Tn.

Worked as a Ford Mechanic from 74 to 98, Dissabled now.

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

In my 26th year fixing business & productioncolor photocopiers.....proof that I am insane !

23. Quality control engineer for a furniture mfg.
    I work at a winery for fun and for half off wine.

24. jetcycles

jetcycles

I maintain a systemwide balance on a nationwide pipeline system that originates here on the Texas Gulf coast and terminates in New York. The entire system measured almost 100 million barrels of refined product last month...

25. chubbie

chubbie

I know... the horse thing is ok... the rest is bale hay and FIX FENCE

26. Teej

Teej

Electrical Engineer for NASA. I do failure analysis mainly... It means I get to take stuff apart to see how it works (or doesn't). Can't believe they pay me to do what I did as a kid. Wasn't always great at putting it back together, but now I don't have to. I just have to write a report.

27. hoodprop

hoodprop

Junkyard manager

28. 35desoto

35desoto

Transport manager - look after my drivers (read kids) and make sure our fleet of trucks and trailers are all OK and working and available and ...... In other words the buck stops here when it comes to making sure something needs to be moved

29. Mdbtyhtr

Mdbtyhtr

Bail Bondsman, Bounty Hunter when I write a bad bail and have to recover my mistakes, Private Investigator, and a silent partner in a body shop, although not as silent as my partner would like ;)

Scott

30. I work as a Manufacturing Engineer for a big defense contractor, started out in their machine shop in 1981 and worked my way up.

Also do machining on the side, which is basically a money laundering scheme.

Bob