Register now to get rid of these ads!

old pontiac engine parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49 Sub, Jan 1, 2013.

1. 49 Sub

49 Sub

Against my better judgement I went and bought a 35 Pontiac 2 Dr coach with a stuck engine. flathead 6 228 CID (I think) I am going to need engine parts, bearings, rings etc.etc may be some valves. Posted on Inliners but no feedback as yet. Any of you H.A.M.B.ers know where I might be able to find engine parts? Thanks for any help you can give me. Also need info on later Pontiac engines that might swap in without butchering up the car.

Weeds

2. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

209 CI 6 cyl. Egge Machine will have everything you need www.egge.com

3. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

4. Pull the stocker out and out a good engine in, done deal. its called hot rodding.

5. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pontiac made some reeeeally great OHV V-8 engines that are cool looking and easy to get parts for. If it were me, I would do the swap. Are you dead set on the inline 6??

Either way, the HAMB can help you out. -Abone.

6. There ya go!!

7. 49 Sub

49 Sub

Keith, Beaner,and Stuart thanks for the replies. NoV8s this trip. been there done that on a 49 Suburban. Already checked Kanter. no parts . I will check Egge. Again, Thanks guys.

Weeds

8. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

You might have to cave and find one of the later Pontiac 6s (239). Probably bolt in but easier to find parts for.

9. Wanderer1957

Wanderer1957

I've got 2 '54 Pontiacs. One still has the flathead six in it and will be pulling it out in the near future. It still turned a few years ago, but never tried starting it. If you want an extra, it's yours once I take it out.