Register now to get rid of these ads!

Isky t suspension ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky Loser, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Lucky Loser

Lucky Loser
    from WI MIDWEST

Hi there brand new to the hamb and it's about time i start... I have had a few projects but this is the one I have been wanting to do for a while now. I would like to build a 24 roadster I have as a pretty close clone of the isky T I love that car or similar pre war T's. Anyways, I have been collecting photos but some of the specifics are kind of hard. Not being a real hardcore hot rodder I don't know a whole lot I am starting with some TT ford rails, their kind of heavy and don't want to box anything, would like to kick em up in the front and kick up the back like isky did... my first question is what did isky use for radius rods when I examin a pic I have of him on his finished chassis it appears like a curved rod one each side but the image is so small it's hard to tell does anyone know or has viewed it before? It looks like there are a couple brackets welded to banjo housings just inside the rails would this be too narrow for radius rods? Also the shock placement on the rear. I am planning to start setting up the rails for visual next week weather permitting... Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  2. VA T

VA T

I am also a fan of Isky's Roadster. Be sure to check out Back to Thunder Alley's album LA hotrods in the beginning for some great photos of Isky's and also the Ray Bowles T's.

3. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Also be sure to go to the intro section and do your introduction before you get flamed by some of the real hardcore hot rodders around here! :rolleyes:

4. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Cool project, I can't wait to see how your T progresses

5. Lucky Loser

Lucky Loser
    from WI MIDWEST

Thanks for the links, I am using a 32 heavy in the front with split 39 bones spring infront, yes, I saw the spring in front so I was going to try to do that looks pretty good from the rear with the kind of hidden spring.