Register now to get rid of these ads!

52 Chevy Under floor brake M/C and Booster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by motoandy, Feb 10, 2013.

1. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

IS anyone running one of these setups? How easy is it to access for maintenance?

Attached Files:

2. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Anyone? Bueler

3. 48cad

48cad

Its not, unless u have a hole in the floor. Several companies have remote resevoir that u can use with that.

4. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

5. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I use the one with the remote reservoir mounted on the firewall. I think the one you pictured puts the reservoir underneath the seat.

6. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

yeah, that will be under the seat, no access with out jacking it up.
    I ran a non-power 1" manual corvette on a home made bracket, access hole in the floor closer to stock. I switched to a firewall mounted 1 1/8" power unit when I got the 4 piston jag front brakes.

7. cartoon14

cartoon14

better than a sharp stick in the eye...access is tough, hole in the floor under the seat, hard to get adjusted, they work fine after you chop it up and modify everything to make it fit. but a small sacrifice for a smooth firewall.

8. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

I don't like those, the booster hangs down below the frame rail and can be easily damaged especially on a lowered car.

9. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I ran one in my 53 chevy wagon and my kit aligned with the factory hole (had to be enlarged). I created a skid plate to help minimize scrapping it on speed bumps as it does hang below the frame. I am currently looking at my opinions as I am in the process of installing a Mustang II set up under my 51 chevy. I have come to realize with how low my car will be (like my wagon or lower) I do not want to mess with a under floor unit this time and will probably go with either a Walton Fab set up (firewall) or an offset booster set up from ECI.

Before I make my decision, I will find a 8" tube (diameter of Booster) to see If I can move it back further and up slightly (make a bump under the front seat) with an access hole maybe just behind the front seat (rear seat foot floor board or have it so if I slide the seat fully forward I can gain access) as I would prefer to not have it on the firewall (just finished smoothing it).

10. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

Boones, I like that idea. please share if you go that route.

I am looking at a firewall unit, but it really clutters things up under the hood.

11. I used a Pirate Jack setup in my 50 Pontiac - cut it up quite a bit and made my own booster mount - it's no lower than the frame. The door for the M/C is ahead of the seat (barely). Also, you have to run residual pressure valves - no big deal.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  12. George/Maine

George/Maine

That setup looks like it would be under seat.
    I used just the mc no booster cut hole in floor.

13. No, it's just in front of the seat. The Pontiac chassis is different than the comparable Chevy years, as I found out after I got this car. I'm pretty sure you could squeeze it in a Chevy, though. I really ended up using the pedal, fabbing a shaft that passes through two layers of the chassis, and using the booster and M/C. The rear fitting is a SwageLock, so that I could run 1/4 lines to the rear. I actually like them better than AN in some apps.

Attached Files:

14. [​IMG] I used a Daytona mounted on a modified mount in the stock location. I used remote filler jars mounted low on the fire wall worked real good.

15. cosmic12

cosmic12

I have this on my 52 but perrty much made most of it. I am putting a small door at the back edge of the front seat, shouldn't be to bad.

Attached Files: