Register now to get rid of these ads!

Master Cylinder Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tradrod, Feb 10, 2013.

1. tradrod

tradrod

I'm engineering a master cylinder/brake pedal set up for my Model A project and I was thinking of using a late '60's Mustang M/C, but remembered there is a M/C that has the outlets that would place the brake lines toward the inside of the frame (Deuce frame, frame mounted bracket that is :D) Does anyone know what the donor car is?? I'm thinking it was Mopar (?) '70's(?) and I'm pretty sure Barry Lobeck used one on his black Cabriolet.

Thanks in advance!!!

Steve

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  2. bobscogin

bobscogin

3. tradrod

tradrod

Thanks Bob, that looks very similar to a late '60's Mustang, the ports I'm looking for would be on the opposite side. On a typical Deuce frame. the M/C would mount with mounting flange mounting toward the front of car.

4. Fast Bill

Fast Bill

Look at Wagner part# 112311 Fits a Ford Granada. That's what is on my '32

Bill

5. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I beleive it is a mid 70's Ford Fairmont that has them on the other side.

6. tradrod

tradrod

Never mind, '76 AMC :)

Attached Files:

7. do you need a disc/drum or drum/drum master cylinder? take a look at 1970 AMC Gremlin...it's available both ways and has the ports on the side you want. also has the 1" bore. the mounting holes are slightly farther apart than the mustang , but a few minutes with a rat tale file will fix that

i have one on the car in my avatar

[​IMG]

8. lht

lht

i think i need the same thing mounting flange facing forward brake lines on opposite side they would normaly go tryin to keep clutch linkage away from brake lines i could use some help also drum brakes all the way around dual resovoir

9. lht

lht

thanks 36-3window thats what i'm lookin for you posted while i was posting talk about a quick response gotta love the hamb

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

It's been awhile but I bought a couple off ebay that had the outlets on both sides and came with plugs to put in the unused outlets. They were clones of the '68 Corvette that a lot of chassis shops use.

Frank