Register now to get rid of these ads!

Charlotte Auto Fair April 4-7

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Burtuckyboy, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Burtuckyboy

Burtuckyboy

Hey guys a newbie here looking for info on the Charlotte Auto Fair Spring swap meet. How does it compare to Hershey or Carlisle? We mainly collect gas/oil/auto memorabilia. Thanks for any info....

2. Burtuckyboy

Burtuckyboy

Thank you bud. Looks like Charlotte is the real deal...

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

4. Burtuckyboy

Burtuckyboy

Thanks I appreciate the heads up. Looking forward to going and seeing something different.

5. nhmikel

nhmikel
    from NH

who's going?

6. JeremyJames

JeremyJames
    from concord NC
    1. HAMB Merc Club

Come on down!
    If your In town Saturday night stop by the iron lords club shop

606 church street
    Concord nc

Free food and live music

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. Swap City Shindig!!! That's what I'm talkin'bout!

See y'all Friday!

8. ebfabman

ebfabman

I'm going to try to go this year.

9. As it stands now,,I'm gonna miss it this year.:( HRP

10. I got a couple of spaces in the green field. I will be there selling left overs, and probably buying more than I sell as usual..

11. Bummer, HRP! I was looking forward to picking your brain!

You'll be missed, Brother!

12. vert1940

vert1940

5 of us going this year...set up in the green field....usually keep an eye out for Deuce Roadster and usualy find him in the infield....although he doesn't have a clue who I am.....very gracious anyway

13. 5window

5window

What's your spot #?

14. vert1940

vert1940

we are in the green field ...row D spaces 84-85

15. I'm bringing my (OT, sorry) yellow 1971 Plymouth Road Runner down and am putting it in the car corral. Don't remember the space number, but it's in turn #4. Hard to miss a Lemon Twist Yellow Road Runner though! Stop by & say HI.

Don't really WANT to sell the car, but it sits still far too much and I only get to drive it once or twice a year. I'll still have the 49 Dodge flatbed truck and the replica Bluesmobile and will be staying really busy with my Blues Brothers act... www.ShotgunBluesBrotherhood.com

But, this is a hot rod board, so... "Back to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress"!!!

16. Hey, 5 buddies and I will be showing up again this year from Wednesday afternoon till Sunday. Can wait.

Is there any local cruise nights durning these nights that we can check out, we will be going over to the Iron Lords as usual on Saturday.

Flattyv8 (Eric)

17. I guess that ankle is still keeping you out of commission?

18. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

It's looking like we might not make this time, Between the plumber and the poo poo pumper most all my spending cash is down the drain.[​IMG]

19. Moedog07

Moedog07

If you go to Charlotte go to the one in spring the fall swap meet/show was both hot and humid.

20. ...and SMALLER!!!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

21. 5window

5window

Just had a deeply buried water line with a leak repaired. Cost me $989 with the backhoe and professionals and parts, but compared to how long it would have taken me to do it, find the leak, repair it, having to hand carry water for the animals-it was good deal.

22. Well,As it stands now it looks like I'm going to be there Friday,,riding up with my pal Rene' and when we arrive I am to call Randy (Deuce Roadster) and he's going to pickup me up and chauffeur my cripple arse in and I will set up camp at his space.

Randy's space is usually right across from the Hamb village,,looking forward to see all you guys. HRP

23. Hey, HRP, just Friday?

24. Yes Sir,,afraid so. HRP

25. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I hear ya. I think I lucked out somewhat as it turns out didn't need the poo poo pumper but did need to replace two sections of pipe under the house(still a bit pricey):eek:.

I won't have a lot of cash with me but we're going, Don't want to miss the Iron Lords shindig.

26. thequietwon

thequietwon

I hope to be there Thursday, Friday & Sat. I'm installing a Hudson box in my Deuce, so I'll probably just bring a few things to sell. For those that don't know, the fall swap meet is about half the size (maybe a little less) than the spring meet...
    Sam

27. I'll look for ya' Merl!