Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Curious what all you hambers do for work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustypipes, Sep 28, 2005.

1. I assemble restored cars for the owner of http://www.chevsofthe40s.com/. Just finished a pair of 1931 Chrysler Imperials that I've been on for a year. One is a limo and the other is a dual cowl Phaeton.

0 start e smaller.jpg

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    kiwijeff likes this.
  2. jazz1

jazz1

Linehaul driver the past 18 years,,night shift only..this is a typical seasonal view from my "office"

[​IMG]

3. triumph 1

triumph 1

Heavy equipment/diesel mechanic for 15 years. Currently employed as a lead facility maint./repair technician for the past 13 years. I work on CNC lasers, pressbrakes, milling machines and punches. As well as a slew of other machinery. I have my own small machine shop at work, and get to use all of the equipment including our powdercoat line for my personal stuff & I live 3 miles away...... Definately my best job yet!

4. steve185

steve185

Police officer, on the job for 24 years, not too many more to go. Don't know what I will do after that. I would love to have my own shop doing something.

5. Indychus

Indychus
    from Irmo, SC

I was a diesel technician for 9 years, worked for Peterbilt and Caterpillar on class 8 trucks. When the economy started going south, I started back to school and am currently a senior working on a Mechanical Engineering major with emphasis on Aerospace Engineering at the University of South Carolina. I do a lot of consulting work on the side, and work on any interesting projects that my friends and family can come up with.

6. IT Marketing Manager. Been in IT for more than 30 years now, pays well but very little job satisfaction anymore. Going to open my own rod shop when i retire in 6 years time...

7. ernest t bass

ernest t bass
    from Iowa

Conductor for the BNSF Railroad.

8. green53ford

green53ford
    from Wisconsin

Retired bodyman. I now volunteer at HABITAT FOR HUMANITY about 1200 hours a year.

9. pride63

pride63

I'm a time served vehicle glazing technician, otherwise known as a windscreen fitter.i can cut windscreens down for roof chops , cut glass for plant and farm machinery, boats, classics and daily drivers.
    I hate every second of it and can't wait to retire lol

10. 48bill

48bill

Retired twice.
    Ten years ago from a Human Resources consulting firm after 35+ plus years in HR with 5 different companies.
    Then again last summer from my own finish carpentry business that I started 10 years ago.
    Now I keep busy with projects in our 139 year old home and my two driveable and one in the works hot rods.
    Life is "GREAT" at 72!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  11. Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap

Im a rigger/truck driver for a DOD contractor. I move military radar equipment from one place to another.

12. Deuces

Deuces

CNC machinist working on some "top secret" stuff...:cool:
    I've been sworn to secrecy, so don't bother asking what I'm machining...

I did do some prototype Hemi and W-2 intakes in the past for Dodge... That was fun...:D

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  13. Sell body fluids to get by.You know blood,sperm ocassionally pee for those in the program.

Between that and what O"bahma sends me I have some nice rides. :D

Oldmics

14. Im a professional tattooist of 28 years. Been on a break for last 3 odd years to help out a friend and i get to play with my toys more. I will go back to the studio when the time is right.

15. 50Fraud

50Fraud

That was my post nearly 8 years ago, #260 on the first day of the thread!

Not much has changed. Still retired, still idle. I've been a volunteer docent at the Petersen Automotive Museum for about 3 years.

16. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

Independent trucker ,stunt truck driver for movie studios, and steam locomotive engineer, fireman

17. wayfarer

wayfarer

I teach 7th grade science and math.

18. Iron Dog

Iron Dog
    from Minnesota

Publisher of a small-town weekly newspaper and printing business that has been in my family since 1882.

19. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

Retired11 years after 30 years at J I Case Factory worker thanks to the UAW.
    Build hotrods now as a hobby,27 so far!

20. rusty63c10

rusty63c10

i work at o'reillys here in findlay. the discount is worth it alone lol

21. RayJarvis

RayJarvis

i dig ditches for a living lol pipeliner.

22. iagsxr

iagsxr

Last year I bought a company that sells body clips, hardware and whatnot. I go around to repair shops, body shops, car dealerships and stock their bolt and clip bins. Being the first year owning it I was too busy to even touch anything of my own, but I get to see a lot of cool stuff in shops.

23. elba

elba

Retired two times.
    Was a maintenance inspector for a major airline for 27 years and maintenance inspector at Ft. Rucker on CH-47's ( Chinooks ) for 7 years

24. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Wow, here's an old thread. My original post 7 years ago, I reconned, and hung pistons assembled motors for an engine rebuilder. Now I TIG and MIG weld Aluminum all day at a facility that makes the equipment for pouring aluminum ingots and billets. From 3" rounds, to 4'X6' blocks. Pretty interesting stuff at: www.wagstaff.com if your interested??? Eventually hope to take my aluminum fab abilities and find a job in So Cal welding/fabbing aluminum stuff.

25. fordman1

fordman1

A few more tests and I will be an Architect. Taken a while but glad the end is in sight.

26. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

This thread I old!

I make panels and new bodies for vintage and classic cars and hot rods. Been doing it for a lot of years working for myself for more than twenty years.

David

27. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

F16 Fighter Jet mechanic For the USAF Thats me a few years ago With My Jet (395)doing a Burner run ops check to trouble shoot a engine problem. I was a diesel tech/ and fleet truck tech for 6 years prior to joining the service.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

28. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Mechanical Engineer ( self employed as a contract engineer )

29. mullskull

mullskull

Jewelry/Accessories designer, and light-duty fabrication.... and a retired Diesel mechanic...

30. Occupation? Genius....no wait....thats that OTHER coyote...