Register now to get rid of these ads!

Storm of the Year

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MERCURYGUY, Feb 9, 2013.

1. 35 Dodge

35 Dodge

maybe 9 inches in central NH. Which is 9 inches too much

2. Bagged50Buick

Bagged50Buick

Only 6 inches in Bradford VT....My family in Maine got Hammered.

3. 48bill

48bill

2' here. 48 F-1 to the left and 48 Chev convert on the right. Late model Milan in front of Chev.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  4. Pasta

Pasta

A record 34.5 inches here in Trumbull. My plow truck was driven into the garage, and as I backed it out it got stuck. We ended up shoveling a path behind the truck just enough so I could get it out of the garage, then slowly taking small bites with the blade I was able to finish the job, but the truck got stuck 3 or 4 times just doing my own driveway.
    VERY similar storm to 78, but with slightly less wind.
    I enjoyed the storm itself, but NOT the cleanup that followed.

George

5. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

we got about 6 inches here, biggest thing was the mess at the end of the driveway from the plows.

sounds like the rest of you guys got hammered. good thing spring is coming......

6. ChefMike

ChefMike

we had just about two feet , kept the power and I use a tent to work on my project so through Friday night I was out there ever two hours clearing the snow off the top it came through fine spent most of Saturday clearing the drive way > glad its over and hope all that were involved had good luck also!

7. jazz1

jazz1

good thing you were so diligent,,those things collapse easily under minimal snow load,,, dome shaped portable shelters are best if you are in snow zone..or blow the kids inheritance on a garage

[​IMG]

8. I guess you were on the right side of the mountain this time vtwhead.
    About 20" here in Brattleboro.

9. We got well over 2'. We shoveled evey 2 hrs from noon till 10pm on Friday. It paid huge dividends on Sat. I was just out and the roads still pretty much suck. I get to shovel off the Tugboat tomorrow morning (UH JOY!!) 80% of my town lost power. We got lucky and didn't. 45 degrees and rain tomorrow. WTF??

10. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

we got 36 in., no lie ....drifts to 5 feet ...unreal. my body is hurting ! my chevy 4x4 was buried ... it is black and you saw no black paint just a giant white hill ...

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Guess the center of the state really got hit, Ridgefield is sending a loader and its best operator to Naugatuck to help dig things out, guess other towns are sending men and equipment.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  12. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

13. chubbie

chubbie

I moved to texas, didn't take long to see that you have shit there that don't melt!!:rolleyes:

14. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I'd say we had between 24 and 30 inches here in Litchfield, Maine. Of course it was deepest in my 400 foot driveway where the drifts were well over 4 feet in places. But my Kubota with a blade up front and blower in the back made quick work of it.

Still nothing like the Blizzard of 1978 in Massachusetts. I was living in Walpole Ma at the time and we had 56 inches and that wasn't the drifts.

Spring is just around the corner !

15. reekie6

reekie6

just shy of 30" here. worked a 24 Hour shift at the Fire Station the chief had me out in the plow truck making every call so we could clear drive way's and the road's for the trucks. and keeping the three fire stations open. it was a long night. But I had a good time .

16. Sheeese! And you think we Canadians live in igloos? We haven't had any snow this year and only a dozen mornings with frost. I'm wearing shorts and just heading outside after I type this to "putter" around the yard.

17. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

I moved from Bridgeport, Ct in 93 and must say glad to be in Floriduuuhh.
    Its cold today its got to be 77 here! =)
    Stay safe...

18. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

A good 20" here on the ridge. Winter in New England isn't 1/2 bad now that I don't have to get to work on time and then work outside in it. No mosquitoes! Life is good.

Ed

19. Update on the poor local plowing in Islip Town. There is a power struggle going on within the Islip Town Board and the highway department has taken a side to make someone up the food chain look bad. Isn't politics fun? We'll keep these idiots in mind when the next election comes up.

Bob