Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Metallica Carshow

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McPhail, Mar 20, 2012.

1. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Sounds cool and I've been a fan since the 80s but leave my car in a field around thousands of metalheads looking for somthing to break?? What kind of security do they have?? I was thinking of submitting my car for review but on second thought.. who knows.... Anybody know what kind of security they will have for the cars??

2. Me too, I got into them with the Justice album. I even liked some of the Load/Reload stuff. I really dug Death Magnetic.

They haven't said yet, but I was told there would be answers to all our questions coming.
    I believe (hope) the stages and the show arena are not adjacent. The more I think about this, the less I like it. Hopefully, their answers (when they come) will put any fears or concerns to rest. It sounds like an awesome show and it's a really cool idea, but the execution is going to make or break it.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  3. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Yea, iread the fine print and it says that they are not responsible for any damages and it also mentioned the potential dangers associated with large crowds... I submited my car but havnt had a responce yet.. we shall see!

4. McPhail

McPhail

Security is a BIG concern for this show...... There will be ample security.... James' Cars will be on display there as well...... The carshow is off of the stage/crowd area. this is a big place they're having the event at.......

5. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Siiigh..to have my 60 F100 there aaand to see Metallica. I'm a hot rod fanatic aand hard core Metalhead with hair down to my ass :p

6. htweelz

htweelz
    from Maryland

That show is going to be epic! Congrats on those getting their rides into the show! I can't make it to the show we will be away that weekend. Been a fan since Kill Em All came out. Bought it on cassette when it came out.

This is the best video on the internet. This would get me to go to church.:D

7. 1929Essex

1929Essex

the fine print states not responsible for accidents and large crowds....how is this different from any other car show? you can worry about something happening or regret not going...

8. This looks like it'll be AWESOME!

9. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Car shows are about the cars... Metallica concerts are all about the pit...Never saw a mosh pit at a car show...

10. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

We've got that covered........count on it.......

My Fiddy One is accepted for the show......just started repainting it today!! Need it to be done and ready to roll to the Jalopy Showdown on May 18th...

Not sure if I'll dig these bands at the show......I am not much of a *metal* guy.......we'll see........if I hate the music I can just turn off my hearing aid!

CB

11. Blackie

Blackie

Haha! Classic!

Sent from a pay phone

12. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

My car is approved.. guess I will see a mosh pit at a car show!

13. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Got a call from Gary Minor last week, about bringing my Dodge to the show. GUess I'm going to try and make it out there. Hope to see you all at the show!

14. Bishop73

Bishop73
    from Texas

Damn, wish this wasn't so far away.

15. Don't forget this one

16. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

no its dead in the water i found out today , and yes it sucks still tryin to figure a way to make it happen!

17. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

That was the funniest shit I have seen in months!!!!:D

18. pinupwithgun

pinupwithgun

Where are you guys getting rooms?

19. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

I entered my 29 in the running for the show in AC but haven't heard anything back yet. Grew up with the Black album and hot rods so its a perfect combo!

20. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Days inn right off the Parkway.. AC hotels want $300 plus per night.. I paud $190.... -E

21. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Well, my 34 is being painted... will debut at the Metallica show! -E

22. pinupwithgun

pinupwithgun

Thanks six pack.

23. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Both me and my brother got our acceptance letters yesterday...Looking forward to it..

24. pickupman55

pickupman55

I got my acceptance letter last week and entry info today ! hell yeah !!

25. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

The '57 and I will be there as well. I'm pumping this TTT because few bands rock harder than METALLICA

26. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Old thread but is it too late to get accepted? I'm 20 minutes away I couldn't see it being a problem for me.

27. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Saw them in 84, Master of Puppets was there last good album,,and now they are just to full of themselves

28. jwcaddy

jwcaddy
    from golden,co.

Here is me and James at CHRR back in October. Nicest guy you could ever talk too. Didn't know he is married to a Colorado gal. He has some sweet rides!!!! ImageUploadedByTJJ1360436423.913233.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

29. MP4/8

MP4/8

I did some air ride work on a couple cars for James back in 2004. Met him once at billet proof in antioch, and talked with him many, many times on the phone. He really is a nice guy. Not a bit of attitude. And he is a real car guy. When I was dropping off one of his cars to a commercial building he has all his stuff stored in, there was a section where he was building a custom car. It was an old buick, 57 I think. He has a lift, welders, sheet metal tools, etc., and was trying his hand at sheet metal work. His then personal assistant told me James likes to try his hand at building things.