Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1st build - '30 sedan/'32 chassis - UPDATE 11/12/13 PROJECT COMPLETE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskoolrodder, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Lowrders

Lowrders
    from DUBUQUE IA

looking really good! Quit being so hard on yourself, everything is turning out great! I wish I could sketch as good as you and you say you failed!!

2. Very nice!! Lots of talent shown there. Good on ya

3. do not understand that comment ? Taking a old sedan.......one man ......one garage......does a 2 1/2 chop by himself.......vintage parts.....friends coming over for support and working on it..........thats as ole school as it gets .:d

4. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Great build...

5. kingdesgn

kingdesgn

Sweet looking ride, dude! Striping it anytime soon? I'd love to see it done when u do.

6. chubbie

chubbie

this is what i call old skool, interested in your opinion on the "handle". I've also noticed a "warp"in STANCE. seems a lot of guys on the HAMB think stance is lay'n on the ground or setting level, my thoughts are there should be a slight raise in the front or rear, that compiments the build, each build needs different:confused:

7. Moedog07

Moedog07

Great car can't wait to see more. I do have one question - why the 1958 Delco Remy Generator and not an Alternator?

8. Thanks! I am not running much that requires a lot of juice and I really like the look of the old generator. Honestly, I couldn't afford the alternator that looks like an generator.

9. Thanks, I'll post more pics soon, wrapping up all the finishing touches before I goto paint. I plan on stripping myself after paint. I'll gat some pics up soon.

10. Thanks... At the end of the day, I can say I did it by myself, learn as I go method, a lot of redoing but, like it or hate it, it is my workmanship and my vision of what a hot rod looks like to me. I agree, I have said on here before, how boring would cars shows be if everybody showed up in black 32 roadsters and coupes. I like everything and I certainly do not believe I have the knowledge or the right to rag on anybody's rides. I love all things hot rod!

11. Stance.....When you and i get it it, It will have some serious jackrabbit stance !

12. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

Really nice job, I like everything you have done w/ it. Hope to see it around Houston sometime.

Best,
    Dve

13. thanks Dave

14. lowtruck

lowtruck
    from Omaha

Wow, that looks great. Stance and proportions are spot-on.

Nicely done.

15. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Great build. Can't wait to see it painted. Tha's close to the color i was thinking for my 31 coupe.

16. I've been working on tabs for interior panels and all other odds and ends before going to paint so not much to share other than the firewall.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Vic Walter and Shadow Creek like this.
  17. MT:

Thought about a "engine turned aluminum" inlay for the gauges ? Hmmm

fpmmetals.com

18. oh yeah......looks great ! called to stop by Saturday......somebody was in the garage welding up a gauge panel without the phone handy .

19. thanks guys

you don't need an invitation stop by anytime, you know that... sorry..

yes, engine turned aluminum... was thinking about white firewall and the inset part with the gauges, burgandy like the body but, I liked the turned alum. idea

20. I have been working on the rear lid and panel tabs... I also, took care of the fuel line concerns pointed out by fellow HAMB'ers... Almost ready to take to the body shop...
    [​IMG]

The speakers will be completely hidden behind upholstery with only perforated holes showing
    [​IMG]

stay tuned

21. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

Amazing build, will turn out real nice when youre done!

22. ok... not much noticable change but, I have had a few body and paint guys over for quoting and all of them have mentioned how difficult the rear lid was going to be since it was welded in place. Working on this by myself it was easier to get the lid in place by welding it. But looks like it is a concern so spent most of the weekend tearing it out and redoing it. Now bolted in... one problem solved. Been doing bodywork myself with txrodders help. Finding a paint and body guy that doesn't want to retire off my paint job seems to be more of a problem than I thought it would be.

lid removed and cleaned up with flapper wheel
    [​IMG]
    now bolted it place...
    [​IMG]

I had painted the dash with lacquer and that was another issue with the paint guys so off it had to come... Thanks txrodder
    [​IMG]
    had some oil canning on the roof... welded plate on inside and worked it a bit... should be good now...
    [​IMG]

I also relocated the window cranks and altered the door to make room for upholstery once the dash is mounted..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if I can not find a paint and body guy I might spray the firewall in Wimbelton white and simply shoot red oxide on the body and be done with it. If the firewall is done then the paint could be done later without having to pull the body again... so you guys don't think I am in search of a $99. Maaco paint job, I have $4k set aside for paint and I can't find anybody willing to do it. Body, grille shell, and 4 wheels... is that unreasonable? Haven't had anything painted sounded like a fair amount of $$ to me...

23. thanks! sure hope so... ready to drive it!

24. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Outstanding so far.

25. looking good, keep up the good work!

26. 32highboy54

32highboy54
    from southport

I am so impressed. You did a great job. You pat yourself on your back.

27. Thanks guys! Any of you close enough to come sand? Ha

28. tricky steve

tricky steve
    from fenton,mo.

holy cats batman.. that is a-w-e-s-o-m-e !!!

29. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

It's builds and work like this that only remind me of what a real hack I am.

This is REALLY great on all levels. I LOVE it!!!

30. Thanks a lot guys, a hell of lot more work than I ever imagined it would be. Thank God for hot rods.... I have found my true passion, besides hot, fast, and trashy women. Ha ha...