Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from California: 57 International

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 2BZ1, Feb 8, 2013.

1. 2BZ1

2BZ1

Looking for help on building a cruiser out of my old International. V-8 motor conversion,suspension,etc.And try to help fellow members on the H.A.M.B. I've owned it for 15 years. it's in running condition except for a leaking freeze plug on the back of the engine block.Any advice will help. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

Welcome man, thats a bad ass truck. If it was mine and was original I'd personally keep it stock. Theres enough rods and customs out there. Before long there wont be any stock examples left so nobody will remember what they used to look like. :eek:

3. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

How about keeping it all International and putting a 304 or 345 in it?

4. raymay

raymay

Welcome from New York.

5. Welcome from Qualicum Beach, B.C.

Your truck looks good with black paint. If you consider an IH V8 Stan's Headers in Auburn, Wa. makes a real nice set of headers for the IH motors (get the 3/8" flanges) I believe there is an aluminum intake manifold now available and fuel injection kits. Check out "blown 345" on youtube!

6. dad-bud

dad-bud

Welcome to the HAMB 2BZ1 - it's your truck, so do with it what you want, rod it if you want, but stock is good too. It's your call.
    One thing you will find here is a lot of people who have a lot of opinions - it's up to you to listen to them or not.
    Enjoy your time here.
    Cheers.

7. 2BZ1

2BZ1

Thanks guys, it's still up in the air which way i go with the truck. i like to fix that freeze plug and find an air filter for it and drive it for now. got to finish my 68 Firebird i'am building for bracket racing.

Attached Files: