Register now to get rid of these ads!

Going to Arizona on vacation February 11th-20th.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOP-Nut, Feb 5, 2013.

1. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Hey guys, going to be going to Phoenix, Flagstaff, Sedona and anywhere in between. Was wondering if any car events are going on, or any rod shops I should stop to see, or anything hot rod related I need to see while I'm out there.

Thanks in advance.
    -James

2. 77powerwagon

77powerwagon

I was out there for a short trip, around Goodyear. There is a airplane grave yard which I saw it was kinda cool, not sure exactly where it was but I drove by a few times. Almost every weekend there is something going on at P.I.R. Beautiful part of the country. Just driving around you will see lots of old pick up trucks. I'm sure somebody will chime in with better things to do!

p.s. like the Walter quote! have a good trip

3. Because of the climate, there is something going on most weekends. Check out the post "taking back Central". The 5 & Diner usually has something going on, they are at 5220 No. 16th st.

4. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

There is a thread for hot rod shops in AZ, plenty of info right there. Every Saturday in Phoenix huge cruise at the Pavillons shopping center.

5. Manic Mechanix

Manic Mechanix

Search Tri City Motor News Prescott, AZ. There are links to state and local events. Jeff

6. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

7. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

When i was in pheonix on business i had an afternoon off and went by Squeegs customs which is in Chandler a suburb east of pheonix. I went by to check out color samples of their epoxy topcoat. They let me walk aroung the shop and were really nice. I was staying in Goodyear on the west side. The drive back was brutal. A stop at christies saved the drive back, another place i would suggest checking out.

http://squeegskustoms.com/index/

http://christiescabaret.com/christieclubs/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&Itemid=8

8. bustingear

bustingear

Brutal as in heat or traffic?

9. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

If it was summer, the answer would be both. Chandler to Goodyear is a 45+ mile haul, all the way across the city. It can take a couple hours to make the trip if its 5am-9am or 3pm-7pm.

10. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

As far as the the drive being Brutal, it was the traffic. I got from Goodyear to Chandler in about 30 minutes leaving around 3:00 pm. Leaving Chanler around 5:00 the highway was bumper to bumper moving 10-15 mph, which is why I decided to pull off and have a few an the caboret.

The heat was up there too. I was there in August. I was visiting a power plant about an hour west of Goodyear and everyday on the way back to the hotel the temperature was hitting 115° F. I alawys thought the "dry heat" thing was b.s. but it's actually got some truth to it. Still dam hot though!

11. p/ugasser

p/ugasser

Try visiting or look up Valley Speed Shop. Maybe you might get a tour from Keith if he's home.

12. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

Feel free to stop and pick up the truck cab I need hauled down here to AZ! Granted, it kinda shoots the whole "vacation" idea (for you) in the foot.
    There are a bunch of guys in the Phoenix area that can fill you in on alot of happenings.

13. Manic Mechanix

Manic Mechanix

Search Tri-City motor news, Prescott, AZ. There, you will find local and state events. Jeff

14. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Awesome, thanks guys. I can't wait to get away from this 15 degree weather for a bit.

15. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Amen on that. Had to go to the VA hospital in Phoenix from Kingman last summer. Of course my pos car trans decided to quit shifting the night before & had to ride my Harley there. I was well done buy the time I got home.