Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Chrysler dealership neon signs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41 C28, May 27, 2012.

1. 41 C28

41 C28

Here are some pictures of a Chrysler dealer thats been around for a long time and in the same location I believe. The 37 Plymouth coupe I bought in 1966 while I was in high school original came from this dealer. Some place I have a similar set of photos (from 35mm) of the same show room with DeSoto and Plymouth neons signs hanging in the windows. I'll post them if I ever run across them.

Attached Files:

2. Alac

Alac
    from America

Good collection, when you buy theseChrysler signs i have no identity on earth, hahahhaha , these are too old. neon signs are also very popular now a days.

3. lawman

lawman

Gota love those neon sign's !!!

4. Any idea what the building housed in 1883?

5. Weasel

Weasel

I have a fully restored ca 1953 Dodge Red Ram dealer neon sign. It's 24" high by 33" wide....

[​IMG]

6. Weasel.... I have a passion for old signs. Don't remember seeing one of those
    very very sweet

7. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Similarly, the Dodge dealership here was in a building that had been a Dodge store pretty much forever. Then Chrysler dropped them as a dealer because the building wasn't up to their standards. They still sell cars there, just not new ones anymore, so we have to travel 20-30 miles if we want to shop new Dodges.

8. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

Years ago I got the Plymouth and Dodge neon signs from the attic of an old dealership. The Plymouth got broke in a move 20 years ago, but I still have the same Dodge sign as you pictured.

9. Bryan G

Bryan G
    from Delmarva

I love seeing places like that. Mopar had/has a high percentage of small operators such as this. If you ever find yourself near Salt Lick, KY check out Byrd's Chrysler.

10. mmshinsky

mmshinsky

Where do you find one of the 1953 red ram neon signs?

11. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

There is a Dodge dealership in Dunkirk In. that still has some of the old neon in the service area. Has "oil change" "brakes" ect above each bay. such a cool place and the people are just what you would expect from a small town.

12. MoparFinman

MoparFinman
    from Okla

do any of you have any pictures of inside Mopar Dealerships ?? I want to do a diorama of one and looking for what they looked like in the 50s.

13. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

here's mine

Attached Files: