Register now to get rid of these ads!

Zettle Bros. Speed Shop will lose there shop in May

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zettle Bros., Jan 26, 2013.

1. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Found out today that from our building owner that we will be losing our space in May. The owner needs more room for his own cars. His other renters, which is the local food pantry, needs more space. Therefore after 10 years in the same place, we will need to leave by May. We are in the process of looking for a new place but there is not much around here for garage space to rent. So much for trying to cure the winter blues.

2. Fortyfordguy

Fortyfordguy

That happened to us about 4 years ago. We were fortunate to find something slightly larger for abt the same rent fairly quickly. Initially (in March I think) we were told we had til Sept/Oct to be out. By July they were practically pushing us out the door. I had abt 2 weeks to move everything. We worked our ASSES off to move shelves and shelves of parts, plus two non-running cars. Oh, forgot to say....it averaged abt 90-95 degrees each day. Got the job done, but I dread ever having to do that again.

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

That's too bad, guys, but at least a food pantry is getting it and not a Starbucks. :) I'm sure you'll find something soon, but maybe not as close. How's the A/FX coming along?

4. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

The Falcon is stepped up to high priority. This will be the last paint job we do in the building. Need to get it done before were kicked out.

5. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Sorry to hear about your dilemma . Hope ya find something quickly & affordable .

6. DrJ

DrJ

Sounds like a good time to BUY a shop and property?

7. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

There's so much empty space around here that they rent it cheap just so someone heats the building.

8. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

9. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry man. Happened to me and my shop a couple of years ago, when the landlord got greedy, and tripled the rent. Good luck.

10. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Sorry to hear that, better off to just buy then rent. Hope you find a place soon

11. ...good luck to you guys, that was a nice shop for you. I'm hopin you can buy/build yourself a shop so you can't get kicked out later.
    ...lookin forward to seein the Falcon out, will it be at the Meltdown?
    ...I would hate to have to move all my "junk".

12. I've walked in your shoes, fellas,exactly 12 years ago. It was the push I needed to have my own place and it was the best decision I made in my whole life. I got tossed in the winter, too, and moved my shop into an empty warehouse in February and broke ground next door. 6 months later I was back....cost me almost $100k I'd been saving, but it's mine, built to my specs. Zettle Bros will bounce back stronger and smarter--I have no doubt. Good luck! :cool:

13. you can store that bad ass poncho in my shop.

14. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Thanks guys for the vote of confidence. My brother is actually looking at a house about 5 miles away that has a big shop on the property. It isn't like driving a couple blocks down the street but it will work. Sam, were now working all of our spare time to get the Falcon done before we lose the shop. Goal is to have it to the Meltdown. Racer X, because your more experienced in Mopars, I'm not sure you could handle that Poncho!!! LOL

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  15. WOW!!! Zettle Bros. to Racer X....Where I come from,thems fightin words....hahaha.....

16. if i wasnt so fortunate as to see the light many years ago about the wonders of the all conquoring hemi i would be driving a pontiac. lol. if there was a reason i couldnt handle the poncho it would be because im not used to slowing down. that poncho you got is very nice too bad we never mathed raced together. when is that gonna go on nitro like the zombie was.

17. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

sorry for your loss. now would be a good time to move to Indy

18. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Would love to get a 421SD that was blown and injected for the GTO. I wish the old Zombie was still around, loved watching it go down the track. Didn't you match race against Rob a few times?

19. Yes. In columbus twice. Rockingham. Norwalk. Grove and maybe a few others. His car is one reason I went nitro. Nitro was the best thing I ever did to that car. Nitro puts cars into another world far removed from other race cars. The stuff is magic. No other way to describe it.

20. ...pics of the new shop if you get it.

21. jesse1980

jesse1980

Good luck on the search and hope everything works out.

22. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Thanks, were gonna need it.

23. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

ZB...so there are 2 of you....and you have 2 cars the Poncho and the Falcon....and your close to Byron....1 + 1 = 2 awesome vintage race cars July 20 & 21 ??????

My fingers are crossed....sorry about the shop....

24. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

That's what were hoping for!!!

25. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excited here.......

26. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Anything I can do to help let me know!!!!!!!!

27. Appleseed

Appleseed

That's a bummer, Zettles. Best of luck.

28. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Are you mainly looking for space in Forreston? There is a shop for rent behind the Super Wash car wash in Mt. Morris. Not sure what size it is, though.

29. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Yeah, mainly in Forreston. Just easier to go somewhere close after a long day at work.

30. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

Really sorry to hear that. I hope yall find somethin soon that works.