Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Jimmie vaughan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rolleiflex, Jan 30, 2013.

1. jmh

jmh

Hang tuff Jimmy and get better!! John

2. CruZer

CruZer

Sending my wishes for a complete recovery to an inspiration to us all.

3. hope he does ok, love his and stevie rays music

4. oj

oj

Get better soonest, its' important!

5. Thanks for posting, GET WELL JIMMIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you are " tough enough !! "

On the way to the gym today, no Metallica I will be playin the Fabulous Thuderbirds!!

we lost brother Stevie Ray way too early in life. I had the honor of seeing him just before his sad and trajic passing.

6. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

Take it easy Jimmy,get well soon prayin for your fast recovery. Prayers sent from The Lost Kustoms cc Buffalo NY

7. slowmotion

slowmotion

Hang in there Jimmie. Give this thing a good ole Texas bluesman ass-whoopin'.

8. Hey Jimmie! Get well soon and hope to see you up around Buffalo again sometime soon so we can talk politics!
    ps Fredy stopped by a few weeks ago. Take care and God bless.

Artie

9. swimeasy

swimeasy

Get well wishes from San Angelo!

10. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

lets get back to the music jimmie, we need ya! fast recovery!

11. UncleJoey

UncleJoey

Met Jimmie 2 years ago up here in Ontario. Great guy. Hang in there Jimmie. Keep the blues coming dude.

12. seatex

seatex

Get well soon, Jimmie! Great Guy, Great Musician, Great Rodder, Great Texan!

13. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Get well Jimmie! Your Fleetline is one of my all time favorite mild customs.

14. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

Get well soon, hope to hear about a full recovery.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

15. His Mgr texted me last week and said JV will be back hustling geetars strings quick.

16. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been praying since I heard the news. Hope for a speedy recovery.

17. GREAT to hear! Thanks for the update.

18. he's back on his way - good job guys ! he played the Texas Theater a year or so back - his first Dallas gig since...well...waywayway back - it was great...!

he's due to play the Granada here in Dallas soon....better get yer tickets....

19. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Speedy recovery Jimmie (now get a treadmill!)

20. Heaven can't call another blues singer back home. Get well Jimmy and take good care of you and the family.
    TBJ

21. acmechris

acmechris

One of my favorite memories is being stopped by one of Jimmies roadies as I got in my 47 Stewed after a show at the Mystic Theater here in Northern California. He thought that by the flame job on my truck I was Rod Powell. I was sorry (sorry, ha ha) to tell him that I had done it. Any way, the memory is of my date in the cab with Jimmy holding one of those little red door key lights on a silver metal flake dash as Jimmy signed it. He and his brother have had a huge positive impact on my life. Jimmy....Please don't go. [​IMG]

22. At the first Goodguys event in DesMoines, the year cutoff was '62. Jimmy showed up with his Riviera [think it was a 63] and told the officials it was a "late 62" Riv...he got in the gate with no problems.When we all went over to Porkys, I wandered over to look at his windshield sticker and it said "late 62" Buick Rivera....cracked me up. Earlier that same day he flagged me down while I was cruising my 49 ford coupe on the fairgrounds and was very excited when he asked me what tires I was running. They were an old, OLD set of Goodyear double eagle bias plies that were totally unsuited for my lightweight ford...would have been better on his heavyweight riv. Hated those tires!
    Get well, Jimmy.

23. just heard - some of his cars will be in the Dallas Autorama show that's this weekend....at Market Hall...

24. afja_lm139

afja_lm139

Whenever in Austin, after living there in the mid-1960's, I would stop in some joint on Congress Ave and listen to him live. A great axe player, so hope he recovers soon.

Jeff, another axe guy who hangs out on the wires.