Register now to get rid of these ads!

What street/City did you cruise in High School?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 73super, Feb 5, 2010.

1. trashn'l

trashn'l

From the late '70's until they shut it down.

Third street- McMinnville, OR

82nd street- Portland, OR

2. Fremont Blvd.Fremont Ca.,East 14th street from Hayward Ca. to Oakland ca. Man, that was that along time ago,around 76`- 78` 64` Fairlane with a 289 out of a Gt 350 mustang and a top loader, worked at able auto wreckers in Fremont Ca. this helped keep me in rear ends.lol Pete.

3. I was racing with a 1968 Roadrunner. Dark green, flipper rear windows, four speed, bench seat and 383HP.

4. rferg

rferg

Polk street - Amarillo Tex 1960's Died out about 70 used to turn around in the Hy-d-ho or park in the lot behind. Lot's of guys had hot rods - I had wheels (55 ply 6 cyl) baby blue.

5. Bellflower mid 60's - Harvey's Broiler on the weekends.

6. Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap

Back in my cruising days 30 years ago we all cruised 2nd St in El Cajon Ca. Guys came from 50 miles away to cruise there. Hell I drove 20 miles. I now live a block away from one of the hottest cruise spots in San Diego. In it's day that is. :)

7. chopped

chopped

Burgundy 66 Fairlane, 390-4speed. To be honest Roadrunners gave me trouble, had a friend with one must have beat me 20 times, always by a couple feet.

8. sport fury

sport fury

central ave in NE Minneapolis and Culumbia Heights Minnesota

9. BigPerm365

BigPerm365

It was down Higuera St ( In San Luis Obispo, Calif ) which was one-way, then turn around at the Chevron ( where I worked ) back up Marsh St, past Fosters Freeze, to Santa Rosa, left & out across the freeway to A & W ...'n back to Higuera. If you found someone to race...head up from A & W hit the freeway...3-honks & it was ON..!

Then they made the mistake of re-paving Tank Farm Rd.(south of town). A can of white Krylon...& "Balls Out Raceway" was born. I guess you could say I was the "founder".

10. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Love SLO. Best burger I've had is at Firestone Grill.

11. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Main Street from Jerry's Drive-In to the other end of town around the courthouse and back in Paris, Kentucky in the 70's, with a stop to cruise the lot at Burger Queen along the way.

If we really wanted to venture "out" and had the gas money we'd drive the 18 miles to Lexington and cruise New Circle Road between Parkette Drive-In, Jerry's and Frisch's Big Boy. Lot's of muscle cars and some tri-five Chevy's driven by the older kids, with an occasional 30's coupe making the scene.

It was a great era to grow up in. Awesome cars, music and lots of girls!

12. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

Kemp Ave. to Hwy 81 to hwy 212 and up hwy 20 in Watertown SD. Around and around.

13. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

Broad st. in Hazleton, Pa.

14. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Highway 82 in Plains Texas. Exactly one mile from one city limit sign to the other. Must have made that drag a million times. City would let us park in the courthouse parking lot right on the highway. I guess they thought that was a good way to keep an eye on us. Small town life was great.

15. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

My oldest brother Steve Dillman hung out with Dick and Bob Glidden. He had a 63 427 Galaxie and some 271 hp mustangs. Later he had Cobra Jet cars and quit street racing.Love the story he told about being at Jerry's drive in one afternoon and seeing his special order 427 car go by on it's way to Smart and Perry Ford on the transporter. They all piled in their cars and headed up there to watch them unload it! Scott raced 55's and Camaros most of the time.

16. well i cruised all the streets in ada mn that had girls living on them and mostly did doughnuts in the winter with dads 55 chev, cant believe i never crashed did ton of doughnuts on them mostly at nite in the snow always
    now i drive down the same streets and wonder how I never hit a parked car doing the snow doughnuts
    dum and young kids:eek:

17. Steve67

Steve67
    from Valencia

Van Nuys Blvd was my cruz spot. in the late 70's it was hopping!

18. knotttty

knotttty

I used to work on Viking Way in the mid 70's at Mcgavins dept... the guys in that area had a drag strip set up on Sundays ... I was lucky enough to work then... way to cool.,..

I grew up in Surrey.... so we cruised the A&W ... worked our way to Latimer Road, another street drag strip... and to the Langley A&W... it was a great simple life....

19. harleymark

harleymark
    from Kelso, WA

Whittier Blvd., Sunset Blvd., Hacienda Blvd. 1966,67,68,69 in Southern California. Also spent a lot of time at Huntington Beach in my 56 Bel Air low rider. Dam those were good days.:)

20. That's funny....my best buddy at the time drove a '67 Fairlane, black on black 390 4-speed and he refused to race me.

21. ElJayM

ElJayM

Old Main/Route 50 was the place to cruise and run what ya brung around here, ran my cammed up 292 66 C10 w/ a granny tranny all the time for kicks! Had to be wise where you ran though. And when you were on a date..well, there was ALWAYS a pick-up parked in the pastures or hay fields off Cecil-Sturgeon road!

22. Minor Problem

Minor Problem

Main street...Festus,Mo.

23. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Buss loop 70 in Columbia Mo in the 70s and early 80s cops were pretty cool about it then not so much now.

24. Medford, Ore. Riverside (Hwy 99), North to Jacks Drive up, or the old Big Y, make the turn and back South on Central (I think that was the name of the street ) to Cubby's Drive in. Leave all your old empty beer bottles and cans stacked in the median as you make to U turn to do it all over again ! ( this was in theearly 60's )

25. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

Fremont Blvd in Las Vegas. Now you can only walk it. Anybody remember the giant "Howdy Partner" animated neon sign? :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. 46chevy

46chevy
    from reeds,mo

Cicero ave in oak lawn,il

27. bikenrodder51

bikenrodder51

Living in Orange County, California Tustin High and Orange High class of 69
    Harbor Blvd. in Anaheim with the car hops on roller skates at Carl's Jr.(meet my wife there ,married in 71, were still married and playing with cars.
    Whittier Blvd. was a lot of fun also. No cops to bother you, drag races on some side streets.
    Had a 55 Ford panel truck for surfing, a 63 chevy back then and a 55 chevy pickup Raced at Orange County International Raceway every wed.night bracket racing. Won many cases of oil, and wasted a lot of tires. Came close to winning the High School Drag Meet in 69 (.002 breakout from my dial in time. should have had an auto. trans.not the 4 speed.
    1970-1972 member of Associated Van Club of Newport Beach, Ca.
    Cruising everywhere up and down the Coast Hwy and Beach Blvd for meetings.Went to Van/ins at Irvine Park and Huntington Beach. Great Times cruising with 20 to 30 vans, about 20 of them came to our wedding with 7 cegs of beer in their vans, My Father in Law siad they stayed at his house for 5 days after the wedding reception was over. Ha Ha
    Just saw some of the old boys at the Moon Eyes Christmas Party, they still look the same.(the vans, not the gray hair guys)
    A lot of GREAT MEMORIES Thanks for asking

28. 32cruzer

32cruzer

60's into 70's, Washington Rd. now Rostraver Rd./rt.201 in Belle Vernon, PA.
    Had 2 - car hop drive-ins, Stringhill's to The Dog House, 1/4 mi apart. Any guesses how that worked out? LOL.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  29. hillcogolfer

hillcogolfer

Amarillo, TX.....early 60s....black '51 Chevy 2 dr coupe, red wheels and wide whites,mean rake!....Dinos to Stanleys....park awhile....Stanleys to Dinos to the Hi-de-ho...and on down Polk....reverse and start over....repeat as often as needed.

30. partsman59

partsman59

31W Dixie Hiway Louisville Kentucky . White Castle, McDonalds to Ohio Valley Raceway we would cruise all night and end up at Jerrys J-Boy for breakfast Sunday Morning..Great times