Register now to get rid of these ads!

Howdy from Oklahoma

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Rock Island Rocket, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Rock Island Rocket

Rock Island Rocket

Hello everyone my name is Kendall Hargrove, I am 35 year old, been married, for the third time, for three years to my first real girlfriend when we were in school, we have 4 kids all together, we have a great family with alot of love. We live in a somewhat small rural town called Rock Island with a population of around 600. I have been an automotive machinist and engine rebuilder for the last 7 years, previous years I worked as a heavy equipment field service technician and also in forklifts and aerial equipment. From the day I was born all I have ever known was going to the local dirt track, my dad started racing in '76 and I began racing in '95 at the age of 17. Had a great year racing in 2012, won 12 regular season races,the points championship and the biggest race of the year that people come across the country to race. I do not fish, I do not hunt, all I do is eat sleep and shit racing. That is until a friend of mine told me about the HAMB and for the past 2 plus years I have been a rather silent watcher of some of the greatest things I have ever seen, growing up my dad did not have anything like the things I have seen on here, because he too was ate up with the racing, and I do not live in an area where you see alot of this car culture so to speak, so I do not know a whole lot about this stuff, but I do love what I see on here and would love to have a full on traditional ride one day. I have been able to find a couple of projects to keep me interested, my first great find was a 1950 4 door styleline deluxe(all original) that I bought for 125 bucks, no shit, I drove it everyday for months until a babbit rod failure parked it, I cannot wait to get it back on the road soon. The other project started with a 1939 ford truck cab, I am goin for what I think a drag truck in the mid 60's would be, of course I didnt live in the sixties and I am not an experienced builder like most of you, so it will be just something I am building with a certain look that I really cant explain, but I am making the most with what I have and thats the best I can do, dont really think it will be HAMB friendly form what I have seen, but thats OK. Big Big fan of the HAMB and always looking forward to seeing whats next. Thank you for your time

2. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

Welcome from Guthrie!

3. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Welcome from Tulsa, Gasserman

4. Kendall, welcome from Kansas City

5. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Welcome from Long Island

6. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the HAMB from NC Oklahoma

7. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Welcome from Arkansas! I grew up in Oklahoma and make it to Dewey (north of Bartlesville) the first weekend in May every year for the Stray Kat 500, one of the most HAMB-friendly weekends anywhere!

I am in Fort Smith a couple of days a week; I'll have to drive down and introduce myself.

Duncan

8. metalix_421

metalix_421

Welcome from Kingfisher

9. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Hello and another Tulsa welcome.

10. raymay

raymay

Welcome from New York.

11. Here's another Arkansas welcome. Enjoy the H.a.m.b..

12. doc5356

doc5356

Another welcome - from Denton Oklahoma. Check out Okie HAMBers
    Doc

13. Hemiman51

Hemiman51

Welcome from the easr bay Ca.

14. The 41Dude

The 41Dude

Welcome from Vinita,Ok!!!!!!!!!!!

15. jesse1980

jesse1980

Welcome from Indiana, go sooners!

16. smoothie51

smoothie51

You gotta go to Stray Kat 500 in Dewey OK the first weekend in May. Probably the best show in USA if you like early iron. This year all the '49-'54 Chevy guys have special parking -- Chevarama. See you there.

Augie

17. ccrodder

ccrodder

Welcome from Minnesota

18. Rock Island Rocket

Rock Island Rocket

Thanks guys I will definetlily try and make to the event in Dewey, sounds awesome, also gives me some incentive to get my 50 styleline deluxe back on the road.