Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found my car (32 3w) in Oct 1959 issue of Rods Illustrated!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hamtown Al, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I don't believe it!

I looked through my very limited stash of little books and found the Oct 1959 issue of Rods Illustrated. I thought I was pretty lucky until I checked the article on the Chester event and recognized a picture of MY COUPE on page 15! It has the driver as Bill Stanley from Ringgold, Ga... I only know him as Red but it is the same car.

Anybody got anything else on the little coupe? I'm taking it back to Ringgold, GA in April to have a reunion with some previous owners and others that remember the car. It spent 43 years in a chicken coop without an engine or trans.

It was featured in Nov 2011 issue of Hot Rod Deluxe as found, without an engine or trans. It is also pictured in the current issue (March 2013) of Hot Rod Deluxe on p 19 with the previous owner(before me) racing the car at Eagle Field Drag Strip in CA. That coverage was a surprise as well.

Here are some pics. Please email me with any info on the coupe. Legend has it that Red was pretty dominate with his Pontiac powered 32 Ford 3 window.

Last pic is from the article in Nov 2011 Hot Rod Deluxe.

I originally posted this on the Chester Drag strip thread which lead me to look for the magazine.

I thought I'd share this as a new thread to once again demonstrate the awesome power of the HAMB!

Anybody else got a copy of the magazine they'd like to sell? I'd love to have a spare!

Sign me as Surprised and Happy Al
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Now that is cool - hope you get more history on your Coupe!

3. Johnunit

Johnunit
    from Toronto

4. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

quite photogenic -----cool

5. You can't buy that kind of "provinance". Very cool.

6. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Validation in print. Can't be bought. Nice job!