Register now to get rid of these ads!

Holy Moly! Need a Heater? How About 80?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomination, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Abomination

Abomination

Following a lead on a Southwind heater, I stumbled upon this guy - thought I'd share his collection!

I have NEVER seen so many heaters together in my life!! I think Buzz owned a service station years ago. He's supposed to have a ginormous carb collection, too...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  2. In center of 3rd picture is a Hot Wave brand like the one in my '38 Ford pickup. That round one at the right of picture #6 would look cool in a '38-'39 Ford truck as the front of it reminds me of the '38-'39 Ford truck grille!

3. Amazing collection, looks like a few Buick under seat models as well?

4. Abomination

Abomination

Sure is!

I've seen this guy on the KC Craigslist a few times - he had an old service station many, many, many years ago, and is old as the hills. He's been slowly trying to get rid of his stuff, but no one ever comes out. I guess he's got books, etc out there.

Hell, this find was due to one of his Craigslist ads. He has someone taking the pics and helping him out, but the ad titles are always extremely obscure. Like for this: "heater units w / hearter cores (Olathe Ks.)"

If I hadn't have been using a smartphone app to browse Craigslist that showed the pics too, I never would've even clicked on it. I was looking for "Nash". LOL! I don't even HAVE a Nash, but was curious if there were any around.

If I can ever sell my 318 Poly collection (I'm sure y'all have seen my ad I keep bumping), I may go back for more of Buzz's stuff!

~Jason

5. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Wished I lived There! I need a heater bad... I want a MoPar one... But any warmth would be nice...

6. Abomination

Abomination

[​IMG]

7. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Sweat picture! I am Looking at the top one on ebay right now its rough but, if it goes cheap enough Im gonna try and snatch it up. but by the time I build it, it will be warm again...figures.....

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

old heaters are cool. they are like little works of art under your dash.

9. I have sent NAPA blower part numbers and a Lane Anderson Rodders Digest article to several HAMBers over the years to refurb their own heater. I have one on the shelf ready to go in the Tudor. They are pretty robust and easy to upgrade.

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

It's amazing what people collect. :)

Don

11. belair

belair

Exactly.

12. Abomination

Abomination

Some of the art deco one are mind-blowingly beautiful...

I saw his ad the other day again, and figured I'd share, if you're local and want to hook up with a great old guy: http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/3562384552.html

~Jason

13. Moedog07

Moedog07

You found the cause of Global Warming...

14. Jen......

Jen......

sometimes hard to find , have two for this 1952 dodge that is for sale

Jen

15. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

what is he asking for heaters and will he ship

16. Abomination

Abomination

ROFLMAO! I almost pissed myself reading this!

~Jason

17. Abomination

Abomination

I don't know. It's Buzz's deal, man.

Call him (number's in the ad). If you need shipping, I could help you out. Maybe go grab is and toss it into a box for you, or something. Send me a PM if you need me.

~Jason

18. deto

deto

A. F

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

19. docauto

docauto
    from So Cal

if he needs more Southwind heaters, let me know! I've got 10 of them here plus boxes full of NOS repair parts for them, plus the original Southwind test stand with the big vacuum gauge!

feel free to PM if anybody is interested, I don't need them.

I can also supply the original small parts cabinets too!

Dave

20. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

If any one needs them, I have several different original installation manuals (shop manuals) for installing in whatever, or Corvair. or VW. Also have a used South Wind gas heater with the optional defroster mounting. PM me, if interested.