Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Ray Gross

Ray Gross

If thats what your looking for,let me know I have a couple more.

2. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Yes, please post. Incidently that is the former car delivered to Frank Vego Ford.

Regards,
    Dennis

3. Falconred

Falconred

Did you repaint it like the first cars in the burgandy or what ever color it was called? I saw one come through Camden, AL in '75 or '76. What Hood did it have?

4. 64-TBOLT

64-TBOLT

could someone correct this list. ive spent hours collecting,orginizing pics i have just to find out this list is rong..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  5. 64-TBOLT

64-TBOLT

whos car #13?? and 57

6. 64-TBOLT

64-TBOLT

7. spiertb

spiertb

The Nazy Crate T-Bolt was the Wayne Jones car. Syl

8. dlshady

dlshady

Those production numbers aren't all they're cracked up to be because the cars weren't built or delivered one at a time. If you look at the complete list, you'll see that there were several instances where multiple cars were "delivered" (picked up) on the same day. I'm pretty sure that no records were kept as to the order in which the cars left the lot, so the numbers aren't really set in stone. In addition to that, there was at least one instance where a car was actually "sold" to a dealer but never delivered, and then re-sold to another. And then there was the car that Bridenthal got from Tasca because they were able to take delivery quicker than through DST. And then there was the Willis Ford car that wasn't originally invoiced to Willis Ford. And the list goes on.....

The only way to positively identify the individual cars is by the VIN.

To answer your question about the 13th car, Marv Tonkin Ford, Damerow Ford and Jerry Alderman Ford all picked up cars (or were invoiced for them?) on the same day, so "car #13" could be any of the three.

9. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I believe this is the Marv Tonkin Ford (Jim Price) T-Bolt after some alterations, I remember when Jim Price and Bill Ireland got theirs, I have some 8mm movies of Ireland's in my stash.

Attached Files:

10. dlshady

dlshady

Yup, that is indeed the Marv Tonkin car. As much as I hate to see a cut up Thunderbolt, those are some pretty cool pictures. Thanks for posting them! Do you have any others?

11. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Nope, that is all I have, I should convert my 8mm movies to DVD, so I could post them.

12. Stangman69

Stangman69

I believe that Ford did make a few hipo 289 4 door 4 speed Fairlanes in '64. In fact, there was one on eBAY recently. At least it claimed to be a hipo. It was white. I think the 4 door would be cool to clone. At least it would be very different if nothing else.

13. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

It is time to put the hipo 289 in a 1964 4dr Fairlane issue to rest. Yes they were built. Evidently there were more than just a few built. The reason they were built was because they "fit" their stock class better than the 2dr hardtop. Racers ordered the cars that way. In 1964-65 the 4dr sedan with the hipo 289 ran D/S. In 1966 the 4dr sedan ran E/S due to NHRA changing the stock class letter designation. In 1967 the cars were returned back to D/S again because of NHRA changing the stock class designation. There was a hipo 4dr sedan that raced stock when brand new in the Louisville KY area and it was very competitive.

In 1968 the stock classes were completely changed again. This time none of the 1964 hipo 289 Fairlanes were the choice for the class.

Now that the issue of the hipo 289 4dr Fairlane is resolved, lets get back to posting photos of real '64 Thunderbolts as this is what this thread is all about.

14. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I found this newspaper clipping from 1965, Bill Ireland is running in A/MP, he ran 11.31, I was there!

Attached Files:

15. 64falconsix

64falconsix
    from Daphne Al.

Have'nt read the entire thread so don't if this one has been located but at our Falcon regional next month we will have a T bolt according to a friend is # 99. I will have some pics and get the storey on it and post after the show.

16. 64falconsix

64falconsix
    from Daphne Al.

17. Falconred

Falconred

18. 64falconsix

64falconsix
    from Daphne Al.

yes and yes, He has made the regional here I think 4 years in a row and has had the T-bolt here before but did'nt bring it last year, He likes to show his 70 1/2 Falcon 429 SCJ at our show, another rare machine and had a Mustang that was recentley finished in the Mustang regional on the same site. We stayed at the same motel last year and I was able to talk to him outside of the show. He is a great guy and has some awesome tin in his collection, I also hear he has a longroof T-Bolt clone. If all works out we should have Bills #99 and 2 t-bolt clones at this show.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  19. Falconred

Falconred

I didn't think to ask, where is your show?

20. 64falconsix

64falconsix
    from Daphne Al.

March 22nd and 23rd Pensacola Fl.

21. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

Found this on the Yenko site not sure if its been posted before

Attached Files:

22. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

Anyone got more info or pictures of this car!!!

23. Falconred

Falconred

For all you folks in and around GA:

This is not the best scan but there is a Southeasten Dragway Reunion coming up. There should be a lot of the old and not so old dragracers attending. I plan to attend along with several of my friends.

Southeastern Dragway Reunion

<!-- _!fbztxtlnk!_ http://gdrn.blogspot.com/2013/03/southeastern-dragway-reunion.html-->Vintage Race cars and swap meet!
    Drivers, car owners, mechanics, pit crew and fans all invited.

Date: March 16, 2013
    Time: 10 AM - 4 PM
    Place: Hardy Chevrolet
    1249 Charles Hardy Parkway
    Dallas, GA 30157

Attached Files:

24. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

More Autorama photos. From what I recall, the car was local to the Detroit area. One front fender was original.

Regards,
    Dennis

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  25. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

Doesn't look like an FE in there.

26. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

Thanks for the pictures! I'm in love with that car!

I agree Kentuckian, I don't think thats an FE! :)

If anyone has more, please post them!!

27. ec164

ec164
    from MI

That is a really nice car, appears to be a cleveland engine, the paint looked like it was layed down very nice, lots of detail under hood......maybe will be there this weekend! I will be:)......Al

28. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

Maybe I'm just old school but to me a Thunderbolt has an FE engine whether it is an original or a clone. If it has any other type engine it is just a Fairlane with a Thunderbolt hood. That is not taking away from some of the beautiful Fairlanes out there but that is all they are...a beautiful Fairlane, not a Thunderbolt.

29. 64 Thunderbolt

64 Thunderbolt

I couldn't agree with you more. There's a guy around here that has a sport coupe with a 289 in it that calls it a Thunderbolt clone. I laugh every time I see it.

30. I agree 100%.