Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need a speedo rebuilt... Looking for recommendations.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopped51, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Like the title says, Got the gauges out of my Merc. Speedo stuck at 40mph this past June.:mad: I usually drive faster than that :D so I guess I need to get it rebuilt.
    Looking for recommendations for a shop to do it.
    Thanks in advance.

2. fleetside66

fleetside66

Try (HAMBer) Rusty Buster (yes, it's his name) at Speedometer Service Co., in Colorado Springs, CO. His phone is 719-632-3165. I had good & fast results with him.

3. mattrod68

mattrod68

classic instruments

4. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Bobs Speedometer. Howell Mi. 1-800-592-6973 Been around the Detroit area since the 50's that I can remember. www.bobsspeedometer.com/

5. I'll second for Bob's, I've been using them since 1969.

6. Thanks guys. I'll make a couple phone calls and ship it out Monday.

7. vpfs

vpfs
    from MD

The best!

Moma Mfg. turnaround time a lot less. Prices were similar. They are located in Albuquerque, NM. Their telephone number is: (505) 766-6661

8. I second that Rusty did mine while I was in Iraq. Great customer service and a Real stand up KAT.

9. Fogger

Fogger

2nd on Mo-Ma in New Mexico. I've dealt with them for over 30 years, they used to be in So Cal. Great work on any old automotive instruments.

10. 73RR

73RR

11. Good score. Thanks. Their website says just Chrysler stuff, but it doesn't hurt to ask.......

12. k9racer

k9racer

Its been many year's but Bob out of Detroit did some very good work on 2 motorcycle and 2 auto speed o s and a boat unit for a friend. . The price was within my budget. the work done by this company operated correctly.

13. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

Bob's is great, but like any place that is good, they are busy so it might take a while.

14. I shipped it to Bob's on Monday. He tells me two weeks tops. I'll post when I get it back and let you all know how it turned out.
    Thanks to all that offered idea's about where to send it. I chose Bob's because out of all the places I emailed his response was the fastest and most profesional.

15. budssuperpro

budssuperpro

been looking for a place to fix my speedo on my 55 f-100.
    Thanks

16. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

For future reference another good company is APT Instruments in Minneapolis: http://www.gaugeguys.com/ I've had them repair/restore gauges several times and have been very happy with their work.

17. ^^^^^^ their Website isn't working for me?

18. Just a quick update. I got it back yesterday. Impressive. A 2 week turn around, considering I live in another country and the shipping time I think that's impressive.

19. Ok. So not so impressive. Cars been on the road two months. Speedo is erratic. Only reads half actual speed. Jumps. Gets stuck at 40mph. They say they fix it. Problem is I have to pull the bloody thing out.
    Damn it!