Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Project Flatliner!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fitzee, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

this is not a 50 ford skirt, this is good old 51 merc or 51 merc lookalike ! original shoebox skirts are looking like shit !

Nice work on the rear fenders, can't wait to see you skirts ;)

Sent from my computer with my keyboard

2. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

3. Im really liking that chop!

4. rustydibris

rustydibris

Thats what i want him to do so i had to convince him... I love the look of the stock grill with no teeth and the park lights frenched. I want to welded up so its one piece

5. koolkemp

koolkemp

Time for some new pics please!!

6. fitzee

fitzee

Been picking and poking at the car.. thinking of different ways to do the back of the car and how to do the body mounts so after figuring that out I went ahead and built two quarter section to mount the trunk floors to the quarters and mounted them and went ahead and run a 1 by 2 rail fron one side to the other above the rear mounting points and made mounts on the end to weld to the quarter sections.. with this in place it was on to the floors.. did some measurements here to make each side from one peice.. ran a few beads and test fit both sides with the gas tank.. Starting to look like something.. Need to tie the trunk into the body behind the reat body cross member so going to build them first and weld them in place before I weld all the rest in place.. then all I need to do is tie the trunk lip into the wheel wells and rear mounts in four places and I will be done with the trunk floor!!

Attached Files:

7. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's like watching someone play improvisational jazz . . . with sheetmetal. :cool:

8. Roy39

Roy39

Great work Fitz.
    As good as and better than most.
    Keep it up and you ll be cruisin this summer.

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

I like the way you did the inner quarters and body mounts .. I will check out the truck parts this week!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

10. oldman2

oldman2

Damn nice work...Jim

11. fitzee

fitzee

Roy I need to get cracking if I want to be driving it this summer!lol

12. fitzee

fitzee

Man where do you come up with them! lol.

13. fitzee

fitzee

Been doing it that way for all the prostreet stuff I done over the years.most just go right out to the quarters with metal.Never liked it that way.

Ill wait to hear from you on the truck..I been day dreaming about all week..lol

14. fitzee

fitzee

thanks. Im trying!

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

Its still avail, as of yest , its stormy here today so I gotta go home after work to clear snow but if its ok tomorrow and they are home I will stop in on the way home.

16. rustydibris

rustydibris

yeah thats awesome.... Fitz do you want me to put that in consecutive order with all your other projects... Flatliner, hemi 32 sedan, falcon gasser, 4x4 rambler plow truck, and now this lol

17. fitzee

fitzee

Ouch!! that hurt Jason!! lol

Forget the 4x4 rambler.. I been trying to give that car away and its not working..lol

18. koolkemp

koolkemp

Actually this sounds like a grear winter beater :D

19. fitzee

fitzee

A bit more done! Had to build the tail panel on the car before I did the trunk floor.Agian I went to the 4 door roof for metal..need a double crown panel and ended up using the metal that was above the back window in the parts car.. few cuts and trim and it was like it was made for it. used the old filler panel to fine the shape of the lower part of the panel.. it was tricky cutting the two to fit but it came around with a little bit of work.. Well I had it all fitted together last night and today on my lunch brake I welded it all up.. then when I had a spare min here and there I went ahead and build the three tail panels peices that will tie the back of the car to the rear body mount.. few plug weld holes and I now have all the peices to put a trunk togeather..all goes well I will be at it the weekend and have the trunk welded up..well thats the plan anyway!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  20. Looking good Tony, hopefully get to see it in person soon.

21. oldman2

oldman2

Nice work...Jim

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

Looking great Fitz! Careful people are gonna think you cust up a mint car lol! I looked at that cab last night, pm me an email address and I will get them to you this weekend and fill you in what I saw...

23. fitzee

fitzee

Spent a night at it the week and yeasterday I spent all day at it.. it is now starting to look like something in the back. First thing I did was install the center between the wheel wells and then I installed the panels by the rear and under the tail lights.. With all the time spent make the fit nice it was very little time and they were all welded in place. Had to add a lip to the side panels so I could spot wend the wheel wells to the floor.as you can see it is a tricky lip to make. once that was done I install boths sides and trimmed off any metal that was not needed any more.. I must of cut 3 inch off the bottom of each wheel well!! always better to have too much then too little.Here it is all welded in place and the spot weld all grind up.. quick test fit of the tank.. all is need now is a few braces to tie the upper body to the floors.

Attached Files:

24. fitzee

fitzee

Had enough time yesterday as well to start on the braces..Had two strips left in my scrap pile fron both side trunk sections that were the same shape so I figure I put them to good use..Want to tie the rear body mounts to the upper part of the body so I bent up the scrap peice and trimed them to fit and added a lip to weld to both the floor and the wheel well as well as the trunk lip.now they were a bit plain so marke out a hole in the top side and bent a lip to give the peice a little bit of stile. you can see what I started with on the right and what I come up with. took me about 20 mins to make the finshed one!. also here is a few angles on how they fit in place.. will pick at these the week and finsh them up then I need to make two for the rear body as well.

Attached Files:

25. fitzee

fitzee

Did a bit of wheeling and dealing with Rocket56 and picked up a used set of pipes for the car as well he is going to bring me in a new set of stock taillights for the car..Going this root now as I want to get this car on the road so going to cut out some of the custom thing I can do later. Have alot of work to do to get this on the road without chopping it up more!!.

Attached Files:

26. oldman2

oldman2

fitzee, you do some outstanding work, the trunk area is a work of art, along with all the rest you have done, nice job...Jim

27. fitzee

fitzee

thanks.Im pumped now to get back at it... wanted to stay at it last night but had other plans so had to stop..I can see a all night coming up soon..dont know If I still got it in me like I use to.. but when Im in the mood look out

28. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn fine work Fitzee!

29. Roy39

Roy39

LOOOOOOKING GOOOD Fitz.
    I may even let you do my next project if you ask L O L.
    Seriously Fitz you are not easy.
    Roy

30. fitzee

fitzee

thanks Roy.. Im into this thing to the point Im finding it hard to do customer work.if you out and about the week drop by..