Register now to get rid of these ads!

column shift in 1934 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gerrald meacham, Feb 1, 2013.

1. gerrald meacham

gerrald meacham

I am trying to put a column shirt in my 1934 ford coupe with flathead motor 1940 shift column and transmission , has any body did this? what sterring box should i use ,how does the linkage run ... need pictures , want to use f 1 box if possible...

2. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Yes, use the F 100 box, cut off the shaft, add u-joint, connect to 40 column and u are done. U will need to make some bushings for the column or purchase one of the kits from P&J or CP.

Attached Files:

3. gerrald meacham

gerrald meacham

im sorry i want to put a three speed standard transmission with column shift in my 1934 ford coupe

4. Gerald..The info that Pews Place above does just what you need IF you are going to use an F1 Box...If you retain your stock 34 box all you need is a mast jacket from a 40..

5. titus

titus

6. my 36 ford uses a 46 ford box and column shift. i flipped the column shift rod to the bottom of the column from the standard top,to clear the flathead .easy to do.

7. gerrald meacham

gerrald meacham

thanks mr pew im going to use the 34 sector i think ,but would like to see more of your roadster setup

8. Harry o

Harry o
    from Georgia

Hey Guys ... I gona be helping Gerrald with his 34 Ford ... He has built a nice FLATHEAD engine to run in the car ... Now were trying to figure out how to run a colum shift ... its gona be a tight fit with the clutch and brake pedal right in the way ... Mr pew has a nice set up but hes running a SBC ... Titus & Midnight you right on target ... Were useing a 34 Ford frame !!! Were gona be adding pictures of the build next week ... If any body out there has ran a colum shift in a 34 Ford with a FLATHEAD engine we need some Help ...

9. Harry o

Harry o
    from Georgia

10. Harry o

Harry o
    from Georgia

We got it figured out ... Had to shorten the shifting tube and bend some new shifting rods ... also had to cut lo & reverse shift lever and re weld ... Now youre gona see this 34 Ford come back to life ... More pictures comming ...