Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 61 Ford unibody build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JakeDW, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Redheadedlefty13

Redheadedlefty13
    from Avon, Ohio

Good god this thing is bad..need to find one myself

2. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Thanks man .

Jake

3. jake8092

jake8092

I like it! I'm at the same stage as you are with my 61 Uni, I didnt step the front and I'm not layin down rocker like you are but your ride looks great! It's almost creepy...61 Uni, Bags, MII, same first name, just dont build a single Turbo 302 with a 5 speed and it's all good...haha

4. jake8092

jake8092

I can get the front down 1.5 and the back down 2 more inches if I pull the bumps...I like the "Limp into a parking lot with 10 point turns" if I loose air

Attached Files:

5. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Lol wish I had the the cash to build a turbo motor mine will just be a roller 302 .30 over.

We are fairly close allso lol.there seem to be alot of these popping up lately.

Jake

6. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Lookin good looks like its in really good shape what motor came in it.You still have the factory trans cross in it?

Jake

7. jgsb1966

jgsb1966
    from Michigan

jake AND jake......nice looking unibodies!!! wish my '63 was one as well, but i wasn't able to find one when i was looking. anyway, thanks for sharing your trucks guys :)

8. mattrod68

mattrod68

302's look small in there, FE ftw.

matt

9. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Thanks ,Just get another one you can never have enough projects rite.

Jake

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  10. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Maybe a 460 lol

Jake

11. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Why did the original owners feel the need to put 6x9s in the door access panels.

Jake

Attached Files:

12. Cshabang

Cshabang

My 66 short bed has speaker holes there too..haha I have a full plate currently, and a few other projects before it gets cut, but I really would like to start on mine sometime soon

13. jake8092

jake8092

Yea! Ive only seen two other short boxes here in Wichita and a long bed or so, the rest are rusting in fields...I see lots of Pickups just not many Uni's

I'm not sure what motor was in it origonally, when I bought the truck it had been sitting 5 years or so since it last ran. It did come with a spare set of doors though! I'd been looking for about a year and was about to pull the trigger on a truck in Lincoln, NE when a buddy found this one 30 miles away. The old guy that owned the truck already swapped a Mexi-block 302 and an AOD I got it running but the AOD was thrashed but I ran it around for a bit, it just slipped like nobody's business! I pulled the front trans X memeber after I got the MII X member in, I'll build another X memeber from tube on the rear of the T5. I agree it was a Bi$*h to get out, I torched about 10" out of the center then blew/chiseled the rivets out! I also pulled the angle braces on the front X memeber too...

14. jake8092

jake8092

I think they came with two 6-1/2" speakers?? Thats what's in mine anywho

15. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

If it had a factory radio ....it had a single speaker in the dash. Which explains why so many of these trucks have speaker holes where they do.

16. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

No factory radio in this one dash is nice and smooth no holes they put a under mount sweet ass tape deck in her at one time lol and then hacked the door panels with some tin snips.

Jake

17. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

Lookin' good, hope to have my long bed up and running this summer, that would make over 6 around here!!

18. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Hello Kitty ant got nothin on me!

My Daughter loves the tools in the garage!!! I need to get her a tig ASAP .

Jake

Attached Files:

19. jake8092

jake8092

Start them early! She'll be laying some nice welds by 16 or so!

How's progress?

Attached Files:

20. 4444Design

4444Design

just awesome

subscribed

21. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Thank you.

Nice hair dryer:eek: looks like its gona be stout.

Orderd up a flaming river column some used door access panels tail light some blue dots for them and a front 1/4 fender so I can fix the rust on the passenger fender come on mail man lol.And still looking for a C4 trans so I can get the motor and trans mounted up.

A pic of the power plant I want to through rocks at it after looking at yours lol still need to get some heads polish up the intake send it out for a bore balance really all that's left to do to the motor is EVERYTHING lol.

Jake

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  22. jake8092

jake8092

Oh man, I have a spare set of doors and I should have offered up the panels! Sorry my man, if you need them I'll look and see if they are cut out or no. With that Column can you still run the origonal steering wheel? I've tossed the idea of a comfy aftermarket but dont want to go away from the nostalgia of that monster steering wheel! Call me crazy but I think its cool...I enjoy your progress and am learning a lot from it. Sorry if I hyjack your thread from time to time but Im too lazy to make my own!

Turbo is cool but it's breaking me, honestly I'm hoping to run a nat aspr engine this season and might boost it next year. I just drove a friends 340 HP-302, 68 Bronc that is lowered with an MII front last weekend and it was about all you can handle with a T5! It has me rethinking the 4-420RWH in favor of building my 31 tudor next winter

Carry on...haha

23. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

I have a mooneyes 15 in white slot wheel and the bench seat is out being redone in white with some sea foam green piping to match the truck shoud pick it up next week.My original wheel is fairly cracked up gona hang it on the wall.

Jake

Attached Files:

24. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Had this knob made for it allso need to paint up the out side black to white to match the rest of the stuff.Gona use a Lokar shifter on the C4 so should look good on there being white.

Jake

Attached Files:

25. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Thank you.

Got the used door access panels and striped the red paint off them got them off evilbay for 20 bucks.:D Big progress I know lol column should be here on fri if the big snow storm does not delay it.

Jake

Attached Files:

26. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Fixed some rust on the lower front fender yeeha

Attached Files:

27. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Fitted up the panel.

Jake