Register now to get rid of these ads!

53 chevy HT Door gap HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rynos63, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Rynos63

Rynos63

I am looking for some door gap help. My drivers door gap is jacked and I can't seem to get it right... I have been searching the web and forums for info on adjusting door gaps. I had removed the body and doors to do some work and didn't know the body mounts were shims. Yes I did replace all the body mounts, but I didn't pay attention to where all the shims were. I now know the body needs to be adjusted by the shims, but where do I start???????

2. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Need to post up pics of your issues. If you have a big door gap at the top of the door at the latch area, try a shim at the rear mount. If you have a tight gap try a shim in the middle.. They tweek quite a bit...

3. Rynos63

Rynos63

I will try to get some pictures up tomorrow. Thanks

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

4. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

fit the door to the body, then the fender to the door. If the catch is worn (it always is) you're chasing ghosts.

5. Also your hinges need to have no movement or wear in them.......check the front post where they are mounted for rigidity as well...