Register now to get rid of these ads!

They are still out there!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moefuzz, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Moonequipt13

Moonequipt13

I remember a magazine feature about this one, had the centerfold on my wall as a kid, the predator carbs are a dead giveaway

2. jazz1

jazz1

That truck is in much nicer shape than a couple i had been looking at. I think they are a great looking truck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. sololobo

sololobo

Great lookin truck, congrata! I think this body style is one of those forward designs that were not appreciated at the time, but as tastes change and appreciation of the deco look has grown, it's a whole new ball game. Gorgeous vehicles in my opinion. ~sololobo~

4. Pull the coil wire off. Ungap the points. Drain the gas. Disconnect the battery.

You can have it nonworking in seconds.

5. Cool truck!! Keep us posted!!!

6. moefuzz

moefuzz

I seem to remember this truck being featured in the pages of a Summit? racing catalog.

I'm sure I still have that issue squirreled away somewhere...

7. moefuzz

moefuzz

Marcus, thanks for the info, I was able to google his name and come up with a phone number.
    The search also lead me to the Studebaker Drivers Club/Forums.
    Lots of great info there as well.

Thanks again.

moe

8. I like all old trucks, so I think it's neat. Styling is a matter of taste. Some people think '38-'39 Ford trucks are ugly, I think they're among the best looking trucks of all time, but of course I've been looking at the same '38 for a little over 46 years now. If you like it, build it. It's a straight ladder frame with parallel leaf suspension, so you can hang about any drivetrain you want in it. Chassis Engineering makes what you need to mount virtually any engine and trans in the Stude chassis, shouldn't be greatly different from setting up any other make truck of that vintage with the same type frame and suspension.

9. Here's mine . Mustang 2, dropped spindles, lowering blocks on back, 350/350. Not for a big man. Being ugly is what's so beautiful about them.

Attached Files:

• 056.jpg
      056.jpg
      File size:
      353.3 KB
      Views: