Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Passing of Dave Wilkerson

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodythx138, Feb 2, 2013.

1. woodythx138

woodythx138

I cannot believe i am on here doing this again, My long time friend , true hot rodder ,tether car buddie Dave Wikerson of Castro Valley ,Ca passed away last night at 11pm, I am still in shock from the phone call, Dave was a true friend in every sense of the word, It has been an honor to have known him and his family, we were supposed to go to Ed Hegartys memorial today in Richmond. I still can't wrap my head around the whole thing, Dave will be missed by many. Carry on my wayword son. I love you like a brother and will truly miss you.
    Your pal chris Chris Garcia

2. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

Sorry for the loss of your friend. RIP Dave Wilkerson.

3. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I just heard the same today. He will be missed. He was a true hot rodder and good guy.

4. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

I'm still in shock myself... This whole day has been off due to this tragic event. The only thing I could think to do was: seek out pictures of old times, and work in the shop on cool shit for the day. RIP my friend..... You will be missed in a big way.

Best Regards,

Robbie Morris ImageUploadedByTJJ1359868297.593502.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. Sorry for your loss. Remember the good times

6. flamingokid

flamingokid

Sorry to hear about the loss of a fellow Hot Rodder.Prayer for the Wilkerson family and friends.

7. Was at the memorial event for Ed Hagerty today talking to "radiator" George O. he said " my good pal Dave Wilkerson passed I'm sad "
    Enjoy them while we can today, because....you know !!

8. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Godspeed Ed & Dave!

9. 777

from Pasadena

I was once told that our hearts are made up of pieces given to us by the people we love, and when they leave us, they take that part of our heart with them, and that is why sometimes it hurts so very much.

10. R&C RON

R&C RON

Dave was a man of so many talents , Hot Rods , Woodies ,Tether Cars , Wood worker and Custom Home Builder, not to mention a great friend who was always there for his buddies. Dave and Toni's partys were epic , you really felt special if you were on the guest list! Dave was a great story teller, recounting
    wonderful tales of hunts for vintage Hot Rod and early Ford parts.
    I think what I will miss most is that booming laugh that would fill a room.
    Goodbye my friend ,
    Ron

11. R&C RON

R&C RON

Daves Beautiful Roadster

[​IMG]

12. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Here's the car in its original wheel/tire combo. A huge inspiration for my roadster.... Our annual Rod Benders party at P-Town. ImageUploadedByTJJ1359920099.206731.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

Attached Files:

13. woodythx138

woodythx138

I think the single most thing I will miss is David's wisdom he shared with me on many occassions ,I remember the first time I meet Dave 26 years ago ,he came to tether car meet or what was then called a collecto in Union City and he showed up With Ray Bridgeman and they both looked like a couple of lost puppies who just got there toy taken away, they were at Ed Hegartys table looking at his tether cars with a big drull towel and I came up and said forget this stuff come on out to my car and see what I have in the trunk.That was the start of a long freindship with both Dave and Ray. I am honored to have been a part of Davids Life, by the way at the time we first meet he was just starting the build build on the roadster when tether cars sidelined the build for a good three years, he often curessed me for showing him what was in the trunk.A true friend I shall never have again. Carry on my wayword sun. R.I.P. for those who don't know his funeral is this saturday in Castro Valley at 4000 castro valley blvd, at 11:30 am.
    Chris

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

sincere sympathy goes out to his family, and friends