Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage "Classical AA/GS Group" 2013 Race Season!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boss Hydro, Jan 30, 2013.

1. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Rocky I'd like to add that Del's car still runs an early 394 Olds,like it did back in the day, not to be confused with the late model stuff.
    Del still puts his own engines together, I talk to him regularly when he's ordering parts....real good guy.

Tony

2. 47ragtop

47ragtop

I have been to all the Hot Rod Reunions at BG except the 1st one. The show that these cars put on is Fantastic !! i would not miss it. Can't wait till Fathers Days. Rocky just ignore this idiots post because he obivously has not been to see your great show.

3. blownhemi48

blownhemi48
    from Bergen NY

You're wrong.He has and so have I.

4. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rocky,
    Who's driving the Anglia

5. A few of the group at Indy 2012., before the rain.....:mad:

Attached Files:

6. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn rain:mad::mad:

7. FEBCO

FEBCO

Squiggy, That's Rocky going up and up at Atco BWB.......I think he was trying to see God....

8. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Freddy Bear,
    I think Baby Girl looks very good with her nose up in the air.

9. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Thanks 47ragtop.... we do our best to give the fans a glimpse of what the gasser wars were all about. I want to apologize to everyone for the ruckus last
    night.. I appreciate Ryan stepping in and cleaning it all up. He made it clear that if it continues he'll remove the offenders from the HAMB. I appreciate that he tries to keep the drama to a minimum..

Rocky

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  10. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Troublemaker, thanks for the photos... Getting a chance to run Indy was something really special for me. There were so many sub plots to this happening I'm sure I couldn't remember them all... To me, it was neat to race there 45 years after my Dad ran the original Boss Hydro there in 1967. Another great happening was having Bones Balogh fly in from California to drive the Big John Mazmanian 41 Willys tribute gasser on the anniversary of him winning it 50 years earlier... of course the high light of the event was having Freddy Bear wheel our Pirrone & Ellershaw built K.S. Pittman 33 Willys tribute car to the winners circle.. Definitely a weekend I'll never forget...

Rocky

11. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rocky,
    Who's going to be driving the anglia this year???

12. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Wanda,

The line up for the gassers looks like this, Freddy in the K.S. 33, Bones in the Big John Mazmanian, Mike Hall in the Boss Hydro, YOU KNOW who I want to drive Gene's Anglia, if that doesn't pan out, I'll be behind the wheel.... and it will be a complete honor....

Rocky

13. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Its was a honor to make the maiden passes in Gene's Anglia... Gene has been a hero of mine since I was a little kid....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

The "Classical AA/GS Group" is much more than a group of cars...it's a "Tribute series" saluting the legends of drag racing... From the hero's like K.S. Pittman, Big John Mazmanian and my Dad Joe Pirrone Jr. that are no longer with us... to the living legends that are a still a BIG part of drag racing, watching Freddy Bear and Bones Balogh in the staging lanes is worth the price of addmission alone...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

How's this for a back up gal! The first lady of supercharged gassers, Barb Hamilton Advey backs up Freddy Bear in the K.S. Pittman 33...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

The entire famed S&S race team get involved when we race the K.S. Pittman Tribute 33... Here's hall of fame racer Dave Hales doing his part getting Freddy down the track....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Another Hall of Fame racer and tuning genius Jerry Mallicoat lends a hand everytime he's at the track with us....

[​IMG]

18. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Me and Bones long before there was talk of the Maz tribute car..... It's been a honor and privlege to have been a part of bringing Bones back to gasser racing...

[​IMG]

19. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Bones in the lanes at California National Hot Rod Reunion....

[​IMG]

Bones strapped in and ready to make a pass!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  20. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

TOOOOO COOL!!! Chris

21. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

LaVaunn Pittman, K.S.'s wife with the K.S. Tribute 33... I had the pleasure/honor to take Lavaunn for a ride in the 33 at Beaver Springs Dragway!

[​IMG]

LaVaunn seeing the K.S. Tribute for the first time...

[​IMG]

22. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

A couple of neat shots....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. alkycoupe

alkycoupe

Nice stuff Rocky.

24. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

How COOL is this!!! a line of AA/GS cars getting ready to BLAST down the famous Indy race track at the BIGGEST DRAG RACE in the world!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rocky,
    It's funny that you posted these pictures. I just put this first one as my background picture on my computer. I call it the Bear and Bones

26. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rocky,
    These pictures just gave me goose bumps.

27. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Whats new for 2013 ??
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

28. I wanna be Freddie Bear when I grow up. At least, I have one of his HEMIS.

29. FEBCO

FEBCO

I'd like to point out post #56 pictures were taken at the 2012 US Nationals....I remember the same scene almost 50 years ago.....the biggest difference is a lot more seats now....

30. 0ldracer

0ldracer

[​IMG]