Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasser Reunion 2013, Changes more Hamb Friendly!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Dec 20, 2012.

1. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Don

Oh well, I guess it's your sand box now. I have to disagree with you and I'm sorry you've made this decision.

2. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Delete

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  3. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Tony

We did race for points at this race. We always had our own points series race on Saturday and then race in the reunion program on Sunday. We've done this all 3 years the event was at Beaver Springs. This gave our racers who have to travel far and have limited disposable income an additional incentive to participate.

4. Tony, unfortunately because I have experienced it first hand I can tell you that it all boils down to egos and attitudes that ends up turning into politics.

It's all about the "me... me... me... mine... mine... mine"!

Some say it's for fun, well it's only for fun if you bend over and play "their" way. Other than that it's nothing short of aggravation. And this statement is not directed towards one guy or one group. It's directed towards the field as a whole.

Don, I know you, you know me (maybe not via the H.A.M.B.). I think you're alright in my book and I know you really enjoy your Reaper. But deep down inside you know where I'm coming from.

I've raced for years and in many styles. I got out years ago because of all this bullshit but came back and as much as I enjoy it I may be ready to get out again.

5. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

[. If you guys want to just run each other, we will have you stage separately from the other groups and you can run your race by yourselves. .[/QUOTE]

I dont have a dog in this fight but dosent this mean you still have your race
    Ego's and politics just dont mix with racing.....MHO

6. wheelsup56

wheelsup56
    from so.jersey

This thread has beaten the horse to a pulp and all of its next to kin........put a number on your car and race.....dont like it... dont race.....in fact if its too much for anyone ..stay home, or park your car in the show area. I enjoy the event and what WAS and how it WAS run since I began racing with the ECG at Beaver Springs....Bob did a great job. I dont care about anyones drama...Im attending because im (we are ALL supposted to be) having fun with our pieces of history or re-creations of the gasser era. Im not even from this era nor did I know a dam thing about gassers before 2005 when I built my car. Nothing for nothing, "egos" have nothing to do with our club. We run a nicely organized club with a decent car count with rules to keep things on a level scale. Yes we DO have our own points series amoung us...it makes the comeptition more fun between us. It is open to anyone who owns a gasser..and YES your car has to meet a certain criteirea to race with us. Im not here to piss ppl off or ruffle feathers..but after reading all the threads about this i want to punch my computer screen! LOL! JMO

7. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Delete

8. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Delete

9. slammed

slammed

But the ego is the driving (insert pun) force (John Force example) glory, bragging rights, winners circle, ect. THe OP is to be commended for taking on so many egos and attitudes.

10. I talked with Dave Swiatek today about the East Coast Gasser race at the Reunion. He took over the East Coast Gassers this January for those that did not know. He understands what we are trying to do here with the Reunion. I also understand that he inherited a schedule that was pre-determined. So for this years event, the East Coast Gassers will run their race Saturday night separate from the Club v. Club . I still want to incorporate them in the club v. club race. The best way I can think of doing this is to have them run first, then all the cars that go out in the first round can join in on the club race. We will run the street class next to give the ECG some time to cool down..Then at least half of them can participate in the club v. club race. The good news is more racing for the fans!

11. Greg, I really don't know where your coming from! I drag race for fun. Period. It's a rush. I don't get caught up with all the issues cause I don't need to win, as long as there is a lane for me to line up, I am good. That is why I like to go to reunions and shows like it. The cars and people are what it is about. That is why it is ironic that I was asked to do this job....and my vision is making the Reunion a Woodstock type event, where everyone comes to have a good time. ( without the drugs :) )

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  12. hemimaxwedge

hemimaxwedge
    from Ohio

The Gassers are always welcome at "The 3rd Spring Nostalgia Nationals" @ National Trail Raceway on June 22-23, 2013. Check out the pictures from the previous years @ www.sledcityevents.com We get some pretty nice gassers at this event, and want more , more , more !!!

13. Another guy walking in my house with his shoes on?

14. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Don, not trying to ruffle feathers but throwing ideas out there, why not run the ECG first starting around 12-1:00, should be over by 3:00-3:30 (usually a 4 round race) and then EVERYONE including ALL the ECG guys, can get into the club vs club race, not just our 1st round loosers? You'll have a much better and bigger club race that way. You originally stated you wanted this club race to happen around 4 PM along with the street car race, both of which I think are great ideas. This could be a win-win for everyone, Racers and spectators alike.

15. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

No Thanks and start your own thread to post your...

16. chevy3755

chevy3755

Kudo's Don........

17. John, I would prefer you guys to all participate in the Gasser Group shoot out, but in fairness to all the cars there, the only time I can fit your points race in is at the same time as the Shoot out. Unless.....what about you guys run your points race on Friday night while the track holds its normal Friday evening event? That would give you guys the spotlight to a different crowd and also promote the event to the locals?

18. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

Really? Is this something new? On May 30, 2012 I sent an email to the East Coast Gassers website and I quote:

I am planning on attending the race at BSD in July 14-15. Would like to run with you guys if possible. I understand you only allow members to run. Maybe I could join and be able to race with you at this event? My car fits your criteria. I was at BSD last year for the Gasser Reunion. Can't make that this year but can be there in July.

Let me know.

I also included my name and what car I had. The response is below in it's entirety:

We do not sign up new members at the races

Needless to say I did not run with them when I traveled down there.

19. alkycoupe

alkycoupe

There should never be a points race for one particular club at the Gasser Reunion, never was prior to Beaver( since 2002?), don't know why they started that. I personally think Friday would be the only acceptable date when the track is open to all. Why cause waves? If you want to run the club event Don set up compromise and run Friday, no big deal.

20. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Why couldn't you start our deal at like 1:00, it will be over by 4:00. Then all the ECG guys will be able to participate in the club race. Win Win for all and it makes the club race better.

21. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

The club has never signed up anyone at an event to race with us. Sign ups should be done prior to the event. You could have mailed in an application with your dues before the event and have been eligible.

22. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

This simple response would have told me what I needed to do had the responder bothered to type it. That was why I emailed 6 weeks ahead of time figuring I would have to join/pay to get in. Instead I get a "one liner" reply that indicates to me the club aint interested and apparently have all the members they need.

23. alkycoupe

alkycoupe

Nostalgic Notions would like to have there points meet at 1:00. Just send your 20.00 bucks in advance and we will let you race in it. lol

24. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

That simple one liner was pretty self explanatory. You probably asked if you could pay at the track to that response. If I were in your position then I would have just dropped an application in the mail with a check and you would have been set. Were big boys, shouldn't need our hands held.

25. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

And why do you have such an ax to grind with the ECG. What a shit storm you guys are trying to get going here.

26. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

OK my bad.. I totally misunderstood. :rolleyes:

Just for the record, I did NOT ask to "join at the track". If that was the case why did I bother to email 6 weeks ahead of time? I was merely asking for a personal answer to see if running with you guys at a specific race was indeed possible. I have learned that many times all criteria is not covered on a "website" and it pays to ask before towing 9 hours one way. Obviously, it would have made much more sense for me to just fill out an application, mail it along with a check and then hope that I was welcome to run at that race once I towed 600 miles.

What was I thinking...:confused:

Sorry Don... didn't mean to derail your thread again.

27. alkycoupe

alkycoupe

No ax to grind with anybody, just can't understand why ECG or any other group would want to modify a schedule Don put together if Friday was an option. Although I really don't think the Gasser reunion is the platform to hold one particular groups points meet. Just my opinion, its not going to stop me from coming. Glad to hear you guys want to do the club vs club race it should be a blast.......Steve

28. John, first let me say that Dave ( the guy runing the ECG now) and I have an understanding and are working together to make this transition as smooth as possible. I suggest you vent your ideas to your East Coast Gassers Rep and not add another voice for your club. I know what you want, and you can clearly see why I have made the changes that I have.

29. wheelsup56

wheelsup56
    from so.jersey

Not everyone in the club can make it there friday...they have jobs they cant leave...They head out Friday night to arrive at night or in the AM. I am usally there friday. We have run points races there since Ive been with ECG...There has never seemed to be a problem with the person running the event..why is it an issue now? And why does it seem to bother ppl who arent associated with what we do now?? We dont have a huge car count like some classes...so we dont take long to run our cars. As for Bad Banana quote...Sorry I have no say in what happened there in your E mail reply..I dont run the show I just put one on. Id welcome you in, Ive seen your car...Nice job! Im there to have fun, maybe win,?? at least do some wheelies.. look at great cars and keep a type of racing alive. Ive broken my car the 2nd pass on saturday morning, it wasnt repairable..I dont let it bother me. I sit back and support the others racing for the rest of the weekend-Some people just dont understand that.

"If we were making money racing...everyone would be doing it"

30. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Don, first let me say I'm not trying to be the voice for our club, I'm expressing my personal opinion. Seems many here have some kind of ax to grind with our club, if they put the same energy into promoting their club they could have the same success we have had, one reason that we have successful points races at Beaver Springs, plus we like Beaver Bob and his track. As far as my replies to Bad Banana & Bad Habit why do they need to be negative about our club? I thought you were welcoming suggestions so I threw some out there, it's now obvious to me now your not. Have a great time with your show and I wish the best of luck to you and all involved.